Author Topic: CASA small transports/liners: C-201, C-202, C-207, C-212, CN-235, C-295  (Read 2352 times)

Offline ysi_maniac

• I will die understanding not this world
Here you get profiles normalized at constant scale (2 cm ---> 1 pixel) of all planes mentioned in title. In this order:

C-201 (Alcotán)
C-202 (Halcón)
C-207(Azor)
C-212 (Aviocar)
CN-235
C-295

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Nice! I hadn't realized the degree of size difference among the Alcotán, Halcón, and Azor. Thanks for that  :smiley:
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline ysi_maniac

Here you have information about other CASA small transports/liners

https://www.secretprojects.co.uk/threads/postwar-casa-transport-projects.7292/

Offline ysi_maniac

One of the most interesting projecs mentioned in last link, IMO, is INTA-20. Here you can see my depiction, based on information in mentioned link.

In original drawing, dimensions are not readable, but I think that wingspan is 20,00 meters; then I can deduce that length is 14,78 meters.

Offline ysi_maniac

Two Azor in fictious Iberia colors and different propulsions: radial and turboprop

Offline ysi_maniac

What if a liner derived from CASA C.2111?

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Wouldn't an airliner derivative look more like the original He111C or G?

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline apophenia

• Perversely enjoys removing backgrounds.
  • Patterns? What patterns?
Wouldn't an airliner derivative look more like the original He111C or G?

My take on this: http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=351.msg184583#msg184583
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 03:45:14 AM by apophenia »
Froglord: "... amphibious doom descends ... approach the alter and swear your allegiance to the swamp."

Offline ysi_maniac

^^^^^^
The main point is the diameter of fuselage. In the drawing I posted, C.2111 is 212 cm (exterior, top to down) and my proposal is 280 cm. He-111 is too narrow, IMO.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 01:23:23 AM by ysi_maniac »

Offline ysi_maniac

Two derivatives from C.207 Azor. first with radials and a "special canopy" and the second one with special tail fin and Jets

Offline ysi_maniac

A pure invention made with fragments of CASA aircraft and Allison engines. :thumbsup:

Offline ysi_maniac

In mid 50s Iberia decides to patron a project of an airliner to fly Madrid - Buenos Aires, non stop (10.050 km). CASA and INTA as technology partners design a 4 radials plane strongly influenced by DC-7, called INTA-40.

Here you can see INTA-40 along with its inspiration: DC-7C and INTA-20, which you can see in the thread devoted to CASA transports and liners. All of them in constant scale.

Designer's main interest was range. Fuselage is depper than DC-7's, allowing for tankage in belly area; besides this, it carries wing tips tanks. Accomodation is lower than DC-7's, but with more confort.

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
Now that looks like a first-class ride!!  I could see some being bought for private usage as well as suitable turboprop conversions.

Offline ysi_maniac

:smiley: :smiley: ;)

Offline ysi_maniac

According to documentation in Secret Projects Forum, CASA-401 could look like this. Quite similar to italian G.222 on steroids IMO.