Author Topic: THE LUCIFER DEVICE  (Read 3131 times)

Offline apophenia

• Patterns? What patterns?
Re: THE LUCIFER DEVICE
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2021, 03:21:36 AM »
Oh the suspense...

Indeed  ;D

I presume that  the Device would only be dropped in 'Safe' mode when well away from enemy territory?

A minor point but, AFAIK, seconded civilian technicians would never be expected to salute a commissioned officer under 'King's Regulations and Orders'.
"I dared to ask for sunshine, and I got World War three
I'm looking over the wall and they're looking at me!"

Offline robunos

• Can't afford the top wing of his biplanes...
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2021, 06:12:53 AM »
Oh the suspense...

Indeed  ;D

I presume that  the Device would only be dropped in 'Safe' mode when well away from enemy territory?

The main reason for being able to drop the Device 'safe', is in the event of a crash forced landing, the Device case is strong, but not indestructible, and it only takes a whiff of oxygen in contact with the inducive coated Carolinum to initiate it's reaction . . .
Obviously, if it can be dropped in the sea, or another body of water, so much the better. If over enemy territory, drop it live, that way the Boche aren't going to be able to salvage it . . .

A minor point but, AFAIK, seconded civilian technicians would never be expected to salute a commissioned officer under 'King's Regulations and Orders'.

Thanks, that was something that I was unaware of. But remember, Redgrave is a proud Officer, from a proud military family, who have served their Country loyally for four generations, and across all three Services. Notwithstanding
'King's Regulations and Orders', Redgrave has his own ideas about how these things should be done . . .
I will edit my text accordingly.

cheers,
Robin.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 06:27:44 AM by robunos »
By the pricking of my thumbs, Something Whiff-y this way comes . . .

Offline apophenia

• Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2021, 08:25:11 AM »
... If over enemy territory, drop it live, that way the Boche aren't going to be able to salvage it . . .

Go ahead Hermann, try to recover this;D :smiley:

...Redgrave has his own ideas about how these things should be done . . .

Only thing worse than 'Damned Civilians' would be 'Shabby Damned Civilians'!  ;)
"I dared to ask for sunshine, and I got World War three
I'm looking over the wall and they're looking at me!"

Offline robunos

• Can't afford the top wing of his biplanes...
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2021, 06:39:48 PM »
... If over enemy territory, drop it live, that way the Boche aren't going to be able to salvage it . . .

Go ahead Hermann, try to recover this;D :smiley:

...Redgrave has his own ideas about how these things should be done . . .

Only thing worse than 'Damned Civilians' would be 'Shabby Damned Civilians'!  ;)

;)   ;D

cheers,
Robin.
By the pricking of my thumbs, Something Whiff-y this way comes . . .