Author Topic: Apophenia's Offerings  (Read 523523 times)

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
Re: Apophenia's Offerings
« Reply #2750 on: May 26, 2021, 03:30:04 AM »
Turbomeca Astazou?
Sure looks like it, or a similar Turbomeca engine.

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #2751 on: May 27, 2021, 01:50:29 AM »
I'm tempted to do a twin turbo prop one with either PT6As or RR Darts.

I also have a plan for a Zwilling one meted with an airliner version so as to create a Zwilling HE111 airliner.
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline apophenia

• Patterns? What patterns?
« Reply #2752 on: May 28, 2021, 06:45:19 AM »
I'm tempted to do a twin turbo prop one with either PT6As or RR Darts.

I also have a plan for a Zwilling one meted with an airliner version so as to create a Zwilling HE111 airliner.

Yup, three Astazous. My first thought was the Heinkel equivalent of a Dart Dakota. But, somehow, your mention of the Basler BT-67 got me thinking of the older Conroy Tri-Turbo-Three conversions.

Love the idea of a Zwilling airliner  :smiley:
"She always found it peculiar to encounter a time she had actually lived through rendered as a period." William Gibson, Zero History

Offline apophenia

« Reply #2753 on: May 28, 2021, 06:49:09 AM »
Over on Secret Projects, there was mention of an Israeli proposal for an inflight refuelling conversion of the Gulfstream G550. The only image available is of poor quality but showed the key details. So, I decided to try a sideview.

As a basis, I found a nice photo of a pre-delivery G550 heading for the IDF (I've long had a thing for primered airframes, no idea why.) The IAI mods were to be similar to the in-service IDF Gulfstreams - the SIGINT Nachshon Shavit, Nachshon Eitam Conformal AEW, and now the combo Nachshon Oron.

So, no huge changes ... just some cabin window reductions, enlarged Nachshon tail fairing, ... oh, yeah ... and a whomping great flying boom dangling  ;D
"She always found it peculiar to encounter a time she had actually lived through rendered as a period." William Gibson, Zero History

Offline apophenia

« Reply #2754 on: Yesterday at 08:35:55 AM »
NT-40E Radar Aircraft Testbed (callsign RAT 98), a flying signature measurement aircraft, has been modified from a Boeing 737-73W(WL) airliner. Despite its 'lower' designation number, the NT-40E is actually a direct replacement for the B737-200-based NT-43A RTA (callsign RAT 55). The NT-40E has commonality with USAF C-40B combatant commanders carrier and C-40C VIP transports. [1]

[1] The military B737-700 fleet consists of the US Navy's C-40A Clipper, USAF C-40B and C-40C, and now the NT-43E. The nature of any 'C-40D' variant has not been revealed. All T-43A and other B737-200-based military variants have now been retired.