Modelling > Other

Random Diorama Ideas

<< < (2/40) > >>

raafif:
this would make a nice dio -- interesting museum display of an early Caproni monoplane ... anyone know where it is & the story behind the plane ?  Looks like it may have been found intact in the desert ?

GTX_Admin:
One that saves you building the complete kit...

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: raafif on May 09, 2015, 07:59:26 AM ---this would make a nice dio -- interesting museum display of an early Caproni monoplane ... anyone know where it is & the story behind the plane ?  Looks like it may have been found intact in the desert ?

--- End quote ---

That is the Caproni Ca.20, one of the first purpose built fighter aircraft.  Built in 1914, only a single example was ever built.  The prototype was stored in a barn on Giovanni Battista Caproni's property for 85 years, before being sold to the Museum of Flight in Seattle in 1999 which is where that was taken.  It is displayed in almost its entirely original condition. Here is another photo:

Note the machine gun mounted to fire above the propellor:

GTX_Admin:
I forgot to mention above that one can get a model kit of this aircraft too:

Weaver:
Take some futuristic spacecraft or other vehicle and have it being restored in a museum when it's so old it's "quaint". I have it in mind to do this with an Angel Interceptor one day, with a little old lady dressed all in white saying "I used to fly one just like that" to her bored grandkids....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version