Modelling > Aero-space

Heinkel He 219 Uhu Ideas and Inspiration

<< < (2/3) > >>

trickyrich:
this is one of my all time favorites!

For me I'd start gentle with this one as they got the design pretty right first go. Oh cause it needed to be built with the right materials first, but then, cause I am a night fighter fan, loose the antennas. Either fit a FuG240 "Berlin" radar or the FuG244 "Bremen", a much more streamline setup.

Next the engines needed beefing up, maybe something like the DB632 (DB603N) with contra-rotating props or the DB623 (DB603G) with dual-supercharges, or with mods to the landing gear Turbo-prop it!

Streamline the gun pod a bit more and fit dual BK-3.7cm's or a single BK-5cm in it.

That's a start for me.......bugga I can see another "project" in the planning......may draw up my ideas if I get a chance!

The Big Gimper:

--- Quote from: upnorth on January 10, 2015, 07:47:11 PM ---
You could strip it of weapons completely, load the fuselage bulge with cameras and have a high altitude reccon machine.

--- End quote ---

I will run with this version in 1/72. I'll extend the wing span and make the cockpit pressurized like the Ju-86P/R. The DML Ar 234C comes with two cameras. The JU-86P carried up to three cameras.

GTX_Admin:
Don't forget that the He29 started life as a high-speed bomber project called P.1055.  It was only later turned into a night fighter.  Moreover, the He 219 A-1 was a proposed reconnaissance-bomber.

--- Quote from: trickyrich on January 10, 2015, 08:23:35 PM ---Next the engines needed beefing up, maybe something like the DB632 (DB603N) with contra-rotating props or the DB623 (DB603G) with dual-supercharges, or with mods to the landing gear Turbo-prop it!

--- End quote ---

He 219B and C variants were to be with the 2,500 hp Junkers Jumo 222A/B 24-cylinder engines.

Daryl J.:
In the stash there is a He-219 ground attack version slated for USAF SEA night livery and is solidly under way.
With luck, it'll be released into my posession after divorce procedings conclude, but there is no way it'll be ready to show in Seattle this April.

ysi_maniac:
Uhu with advanced radar antenae.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version