Modelling > Land

MOWAG Piranha, LAV, LAV II, LAV III/Stryker ICV vehicles

(1/21) > >>

Jeffry Fontaine:
Did I miss any? 

--- Quote from: Old Wombat on October 25, 2012, 11:03:20 AM ---<snip>Next year, I think. My Stryker-based high-speed combat logistics system vehicle, if I get it finished in time for October next year (I started it early this year - Feb, March? - & I'm barely half-done).<snip>
--- End quote ---

Guy,

I really want to see what you come up with on this project.  Seems that even with great distances separating us there are at least three minds thinking along the same lines.  Alvis 3.1 has an idea for something like this and I too, was thinking of a modifying an LAV hull to create an armored 8X8 flatbed cargo truck. 

So now we have a spot to discuss this in more detail :)

raafif:
well, I was going to do this to my Stryker kit -- stick yer neck out n' see if it gets shot off Recon vehicle !  But I guess I could make it a flatbed cargo ?

I saw Guy's start on the 8x8+8x8 battlefield cargo on the other site & just wish he'd get a move on with it (even tho I think it's now been shortened)  :icon_twisted:

Looks like a great idea .....

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: raafif on October 25, 2012, 12:55:40 PM ---well, I was going to do this to my Stryker kit -- stick yer neck out n' see if it gets shot off Recon vehicle !  But I guess I could make it a flatbed cargo ?

I saw Guy's start on the 8x8+8x8 battlefield cargo on the other site & just wish he'd get a move on with it (even tho I think it's now been shortened)  :icon_twisted:

Looks like a great idea .....
--- End quote ---

Seeing that makes me wonder if it would be worth while to find one of those Star Wars AT-AT things and kit bash it with the Stryker so it can have some legs :)

I guess that inspiration comes from the way the front of the vehicle sticks so far out in front of the wheels. 

Mark Aldrich:
If you are planning a ATAT/Stryker, you might want to consider using the MGS as a starting point!  Has a nice turret and 105mm gun.

raafif:

--- Quote from: Mark Aldrich on October 25, 2012, 08:22:31 PM ---If you are planning a ATAT/Stryker, you might want to consider using the MGS as a starting point!  Has a nice turret and 105mm gun.

--- End quote ---

yes, but I just did an MGS, & like all AFV Club kits, an extremely fiddly build ! - stick to the Trumpy kits.

NEWS .....  General Dynamics makes a tracked Stryker ....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version