Modelling > Aero-space

Lockheed C-130 Hercules

<< < (3/36) > >>

GTX_Admin:
My rough jet C-130:

GTX_Admin:
In 2009, the USAF (later followed my other Air Forces), decided that using manned crews for transport aircraft was a waste - the missions were fairly straight forward (Take off - Fly - Land) and highly trained crews could be better used elsewhere.  Most transport aircraft such as the existing C-17s etc were converted to be optionally manned.  The most radical change though was the QC-130H - these were already being refurbished so it was decided to save further weight by removing the unnecessary cockpit:

Regards,

Greg

GTX_Admin:
A plan for someday:  A STOVL/ESTOL C-130 based on a similar arrangement to that originally planned for the G.222:

finsrin:
Cool C-130 concepts.  Looks totally legitimate/normal with jets.

apophenia:
How about an even smaller version of the L-400 proposal? That would've given Lockheed a competitor to the Alenia G.222/C-27A.

BTW: In the modified Flight cutaway, I've made the L-400's new centre section narrower, and joined front and rear fuselage barrels with that centre section plonked on top. She'd have more tail than needed but I decided to leave those standard Herc surfaces for simplicity.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version