Author Topic: Personal Messages - Timeouts  (Read 7063 times)

Offline Logan Hartke

• High priest in the black arts of profiling...
  • Rivet-counting whiffer
Personal Messages - Timeouts
« on: January 03, 2012, 03:07:25 PM »
I think everyone's experiencing this right now, but PMs on the forum always seem to end in a timeout.  They always get where they're supposed to go, but they generally give me a message like this:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Hosting\8679554\html\Forum\Sources\Subs-Post.php on line 760

or an HTTP 500 error.

It's been going on for days, now.  Again, the messages are getting through, but they never look like they are sending successfully to the sender.

Thanks,

Logan

Online GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
Re: Personal Messages - Timeouts
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 03:16:35 PM »
I know  - this is extremely frustrating and we are looking into it.  Please be patient.  I have found the best thing when this ( or similar happens - e.g when posting a reply) is the simply reload the page.  It will usually tell you that it has already sent the message then.  Not a solution I know, but something until we properly fix this.

Please be patient with these technical, teething issues.  By all means raise them - if we aren't told then sometimes we may not know there is a problem.  That said though, please understand if they take a little bit to resolve - myself and the rest of the mod team are learning as we go with all this stuff.

Please also feel free to volunteer your assistance f you know something about this sort of stuff - NO OFFER WILLBE IGNORED!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Stargazer2006

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 06:12:44 PM »
I'm also experiencing this trouble. Sometimes I even get this timeout message just clicking on a topic's name. The connection to this forum seems to be very slow on the whole.

Offline RussC

• Our own personal dragon trainer...with a flying wing fetish
  • Resident Painter
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 06:54:59 PM »
I got some 8 of those messages while trying to register. I notice that certain times of day are less likely to occur these timeouts.
 :o

Offline Logan Hartke

• High priest in the black arts of profiling...
  • Rivet-counting whiffer
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 07:55:44 AM »
I got my first successful PM!  Hopefully that issue is done.

Cheers,

Logan

Offline RussC

• Our own personal dragon trainer...with a flying wing fetish
  • Resident Painter
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 09:01:50 AM »
I just tried to do a reply and it took 4 tries.

:sick:

Stargazer2006

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 10:40:04 PM »
It's not just PMs, folks.

Every single post I did this afternoon ended with an error page, while in fact they appeared each time on the pages if I refreshed.

This is getting quite annoying. Is this a problem with a lousy sloth of a server hosting the forum?

Online GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 02:30:15 AM »
As I said above, we are looking into these issues.  Not quite sure what the problem is, though I suspect it is related to the hosting.  Either way, if you try what I suggested above, you will find that often helps.  Not a solution I know, but a band-aid for now.

Meanwhile, we are still interested in hearing from any IT Gurus (or partial gurus or...) - see here.

Regards,

Greg
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 02:34:20 AM by GTX_Admin »
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 07:06:59 AM »
Not sure if this is going to help either, but I've had three posts just disappear, they were there when I signed off the forum but weren't there the next time I came on board.  Checked 'My Profile' and they just don't show up anywhere and I know I posted them.