Author Topic: Bandai 1/16 Rolls Royce Balloon Car  (Read 1548 times)

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
  • The man has paddle wheels on the brain...
Bandai 1/16 Rolls Royce Balloon Car
« on: June 04, 2021, 03:29:54 AM »
So I won this on ebay (been wanting it for ages) was a bit worried it might be a glue bomb as it was already started (wasn't packaged very well as lots of bit broken off) luckily nothing that can't be fixed, it's (so far anyway) quite easy to dismantle. I'm looking forward to this.
The person who built it didn't paint anything just glued it together so no worries about incompatible paints, although it's not a glue bomb there's still a fare amount of glue to get rid o[

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
Re: Bandai 1/16 Rolls Royce Balloon Car
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 04:29:39 AM »
Hi all well the Rolls needs far more work than first thought (not strictly authentic but I've decided the bolts and nuts were gold plated just to add a bit of interest) there is a major problem that the brackets which hold the fuel tank are broken off and the parts are not in the box (in fact on closer inspection there are lots of broken parts and missing bits but hopefully nothing I can't make.

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 03:53:44 AM »
More progress on the Rolls, don't show to well in the pics but I love the seats best leather effect I've managed so far.

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 03:43:50 AM »
Everyone keeps asking me how I did the seats heres how, first sand coloured background

Then light coats of satin black till you can just see the sand under it.

Then polish the satin till the sand shows through.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 08:18:41 AM »
Coming along nicely, mate! :smiley:

I'm just wondering where the Hell the "Balloon" bit fits in? ???
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2021, 03:35:03 PM »
It was to follow hit air balloons and collect them and passengers when they landed.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2021, 08:11:55 PM »
Of course! One wouldn't want to be transported in any plebeian automobile! ;)
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline kpnuts

• Life Saving Hero!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 03:32:06 AM »
There is so much missing in this kit it may end up being bin fodder, lots missing from engine, lots missing broken or glued in the wrong orientation.

The silver lady is missing to be honest I wonder if it's worth the effort or if I have the skills. 

It definitely wasn't a bargain.

One of the chrome strips is missing from the bottom of the bonnet