Author Topic: Haunebu and Other Flying Saucers  (Read 10084 times)

Offline The Big Gimper

• Any model will look better in RCAF, SEAC or FAA markings
  • Global Moderator
  • Cut. Cut. Cut. Measure. Cut. Cut. Crap. Toss.
    • Photobucket Modeling Album
Haunebu and Other Flying Saucers
« on: September 23, 2019, 07:39:33 PM »

Click on image to enlarge

Author: Jim "Jbot" Botaitis
Work in progress ::

I am giving up listing them. They all end up on the shelf of procrastination anyways.

User and abuser of Bothans...

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
  • Formerly Frank2056. New upgrade!
    • My new webpage
Re: Haunebu and Other Flying Saucers
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 12:04:22 AM »
The one labeled "Hanebu?" is clearly an Adamski flying saucer/collection of common household parts. The rest are wet dreams of NAZI fans.

Offline Small brown dog

• Dwelling too long on the practicalities of such things can drive you mad.
  • Yappity woof grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 12:40:52 AM »

Click on image to enlarge

Author: Jim "Jbot" Botaitis

It was modelling a Haunebu 2 and wondering about alternative tech that got me going off on my Alt universe.
I have not seen the MK4 version before - its colossal. Any more info on it ?
Its not that its not real but it could be that its not true.

Offline jcf

• Global Moderator
  • Turn that Gila-copter down!
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 02:50:45 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
“Conspiracy theory’s got to be simple.
Sense doesn’t come into it. People are
more scared of how complicated shit
actually is than they ever are about
whatever’s supposed to be behind the
conspiracy.”
-The Peripheral, William Gibson 2014

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
    • My new webpage
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 03:57:25 AM »
The one labeled "Miethe" is clearly the saucer from "My Favorite Martian" - SBD: all NAZI flying saucers are utter fantasy, most if not all are of recent design. the closest thing they had to a "real" flying saucer was their Sack A Shit-6 which achieved an amazing altitude of 1-2 cm. Maybe. On a bounce.

Offline Dr. YoKai

• Was in High School when mastadons roamed the plains...
  • A notorious curmudgeon who is partial to...hemp!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 04:35:00 AM »
 I used to be fascinated by the Nazi UFO mythos - I ran across a copy of Rudolf Lusar's German Secret Weapons which was one of the earliest published mentions of the nonsense. The whole bizarre story is contained in a lengthy monograph ( at over a hundred pages, I can't call
it an article ) at the Magonia website. I've included a link below. The story was implausible from the start, but the additions that started
cropping up in the internet era have been ridiculous. ( Vril society. *snort* )

http://magonia.haaan.com/2009/nazi-ufo-00-intro/

Offline Story

• Nicht mein Zirkus, nicht meine Affen...
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 12:01:02 PM »

Offline Small brown dog

• Dwelling too long on the practicalities of such things can drive you mad.
  • Yappity woof grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 12:52:41 AM »

The Supermarine Spirit entered service in July of 1944 but deployment remained UK based until after the liberation of Belgium. One of the first squadrons to move to the continent in 1945 was No. 127 squadron based at Tangmere and lead by S/L  Peter “Woof” Barker.

Unfortunately Barker had come down with a severe bout of gastroenteritis the day before his Squadron moved to Grimbergen in mid-February. In Barkers absence 127 was under the temporary command of F/L Paul Dugget* who unfortunately was posted missing just two days later whilst on a flight test. There were no reports of enemy aircraft activity or any ground to air engagements during Duggets flight time that day.

Barker was declared fit to resume flying duties on the day that Dugget was lost and made the trip to Grimbergen the day after. In his 1968 autobiography he recounted the story as follows:

Being based at Tangmere meant a quick trip up the coast and out to sea following the endless columns of supply shipping going to and from Antwerp. Grimbergen is just North of Brussels and easy to find or so I thought but the landscape was not what I remembered from my pre-war flying days. The cloud cover was heavier than forecasted too and so I began to let down through the cloud so I could pick up the Willebroek Canal.

I am convinced that cloud cover saved my life that day as I was too occupied in picking up my landmark and not exercising enough caution. Thankfully I was looking hard through the cloud and my attention was caught by a circular shadow skimming the cloud tops at a high speed. Instinctual combat experience took over and I chopped the lift gens momentarily while quickly reversing direction. Just as I began the turn tracer appeared above me and to my right was a machine of a design I had never seen before. The damn thing went right over me and I tensed expecting a down draught  from its lift generators but there was none. It was circular and I remember thinking it looked like an army tin hat - a well-armed tin hat, very fast and carrying German insignia in white as had become common on Luftwaffe aircraft.

The Spirit was no slow coach but by the time I got round again the “tin hat” was nowhere to be seen. I climbed hard to get a wider view of the area I assumed the craft must be in but saw nothing other than a hint of a contrail very much higher than myself seemingly going in a northerly direction. At the time I just assumed the contrail must have been a high level allied reconnaissance aircraft, maybe even a PR Spirit momentarily passing through colder air. After all, I was flying what was supposed to be the fastest fighter aircraft in the world so there was no way that unidentified enemy machine had got that high and far since the encounter.

I was later questioned by RAF intelligence personnel and later still by a USAAF officer who was insistent that it was just a figment of my imagination. After all, I had not been well, I was anxious to confirm my location and the encounter was brief. I was quite indignant about it at the time saying that I realised that stating that I was attacked by a tin hat didn’t help my case but whatever it was it was very real and it was shooting at me. I had after all spent a lot of time in hostile skies trying to stay alive since 1940 and I had got really good at identifying the things that wanted to kill me.

It was not too long after that the war was finally over but I did hear reports of other encounters, the most famous one being when a small squad of American soldiers said they encountered three strange floating craft in the Ardennes forest back In January* during the last great German offensive of the war. I wonder if they were the same sort of craft but of course I am Just supposing.

*A photograph of Duggets Supermarine Spirit, C-Charlie, has recently been recovered along with various other bits and pieces of memorabilia attached to 127 squadron.

Its not that its not real but it could be that its not true.

Offline Old Wombat

• "We'll see when I've finished whether I'm showing off or simply embarrassing myself."
  • "Define 'interesting'?"
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2019, 01:04:49 AM »
 :smiley: :D
"This is the Captain. We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight turbulence and, ah, explode."

Offline arkon

• Paper Building Maestro
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2019, 04:37:16 AM »
👍
the paper gods demand sacrifice

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2019, 11:40:04 AM »
Beautifique!!!

Offline Story

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2021, 03:02:12 AM »
The onion skin reality between fiction and reality wears thin...

China is apparently using “alien  technology” and is storing it at a top secret base in a dessert in the east Asian nation. The discovery from conspiracy theorists was made using Google Maps, and the base is said to be located near the Mongolian border, in the Gansu province. The base, according to the video of the finding, is “like something out of the movies” and it does look as if some sort of high-tech aircraft is being stored there.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1160444/area-51-raid-china-aliens-google-maps-facebook-storm-area-51-ufo-sighting-alien-technology

But then the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) of the Naval Aviation Enterprise personally wrote a letter addressed to the examiner claiming that the U.S. needs the patent as the Chinese are already “investing significantly” in these aerospace technologies that sound eerily similar to the UFOs reported by Navy pilots in now well-known encounters. This raises the question, are the Chinese developing or even already flying craft leveraging similar advanced technology and is the Navy now scrambling to catch up?

Docs Show Navy Got 'UFO' Patent Granted By Warning Of Similar Chinese Tech Advances
https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28729/docs-show-navy-got-ufo-patent-granted-by-warning-of-similar-chinese-tech-advances

But wait

there's more

https://www.vice.com/en/article/4adpv9/us-navy-has-patents-on-tech-it-says-will-engineer-the-fabric-of-reality

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/31798/the-secretive-inventor-of-the-navys-bizarre-ufo-patents-finally-talks

Offline Story

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2023, 06:44:34 AM »
Straight outta MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE

Offline Sport25ing

• Newly Joined - Welcome me!
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2023, 09:05:17 AM »
A lot, i've to make a second post

Offline Sport25ing

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2023, 09:06:34 AM »
second post

Online GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2023, 01:46:39 AM »
Straight outta MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE

:smiley:
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline elmayerle

• Its about time there was an Avatar shown here...
  • Über Engineer...at least that is what he tells us.
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2023, 12:38:53 PM »
I guess I'm something of a classicist.  I prefer the simple and clean lines of the C-57-D from Forbidden Planet.

Offline Story

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2023, 07:01:06 AM »
I guess I'm something of a classicist.  I prefer the simple and clean lines of the C-57-D from Forbidden Planet.

And yet sooooooooooooo many to chose from - note that all of these sound like opening acts for LAIBACH or RAMMSTEIN.

auf http://beyondthesprues.com/Forum/index.php?topic=7253.50
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 07:04:45 AM by Story »

Offline aerospacer

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2023, 01:13:00 PM »
Why are the ones from UFO and The Invaders missing?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2023, 01:16:55 PM by aerospacer »
Would be marching to the beat of his own drum, if he didn't detest marching to any drumbeat at all so much.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2023, 10:03:34 AM »

Couldn't get a good screen-shot of the UFO saucer from the show or from the internet, could only find pics of the toy online.

Offline raafif

• Is formally accused of doing nasty things to DC-3s...and officially our first whiffing zombie
  • Whiffing Insane
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2023, 07:51:15 AM »
tried my old UFO files ...

Offline raafif

• Whiffing Insane
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2023, 08:10:59 AM »
Dr Who & the Darleks

Offline Frank3k

• Excession
  • Global Moderator
    • My new webpage
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2023, 10:31:43 AM »
Poor Peter Cushing! "Daleks' Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. ... kinda sucked, but the Dalek ship was cool.

Enjoy it at archive.org

Offline raafif

• Whiffing Insane
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2023, 09:17:50 AM »

« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 09:20:29 AM by raafif »

Offline Story

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2023, 10:33:30 PM »

Because those are just fantasies.