Modelling > Naval GB

WW2 era Hydrofoil - Vosper X-2 - Finished

<< < (2/10) > >>

jcf:

--- Quote from: Old Wombat on October 08, 2021, 12:36:07 AM ---Vosper already had 3 x RR Merlins, how many aircraft engines do you want! :o

--- End quote ---

The Vosper used three Packard 4M-2500 V-12s, which was the
standard engine in UK MTB/MGB and US PT-Boats. The Merlin
was not used in any of these boats.

https://uscrashboats.org/cpage.php?pt=15

jcf:
Are you thinking ladder foils or surface piercing "U-foils" ala Supramar?

The original Bras d'Or foil development vessel built for the Canadians by
SARO (Saunders-Roe) had ladder foils.

http://dave-mills.yolasite.com/saro-hydrofoil-bras-dor.php

SARO explored a number of concepts, something like the conventional design with four-sets of foils
might have promise for your Vosper based boat.

Buzzbomb:

--- Quote from: jcf on October 08, 2021, 04:51:32 AM ---Are you thinking ladder foils or surface piercing "U-foils" ala Supramar?

--- End quote ---

One of them or possibly something that looks like them. Or not. No idea yet, just a thought bubble at the moment.

Although overnight the thought of the Ironclad as the Flagship of the Colony of Victoria became a bigger thought bubble. Perhaps Britishify it somehow.
HMVS Collingwood maybe ;D

Things might change and the box lid removing/replacement cycle might start again.

Buzzbomb:
Just one more boring day in lockdown, (sung to the tune of "One more boring night in Adelaide" by Redgum... sorry Guy ;) )

Got into the Vosper and I know the kit is showing its age and all, but really it is not that nice to build so far. See exhibit A with all the clamps. Also stripping card for the Hydrofoils

Shaping the airfoil section (seafoil ?? ) got to work with the basic fit out

Scratchbuilt 6 Pounder mount (which needs a slightly smaller diameter barrel) and a pre loved Oerlikon bandstand left over from the Fairmile D MTB build

I figured that I need to get the craft basically built and fully fitted before fitting the Hydrofoils. Of which there will be some cheating, as I plan to mount in a sea base to try and sell the idea more effectively

Old Wombat:
I share your pain with the old Vosper, mine went together like a lot of things that aren't meant to go together when I built this:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version