Modelling > Naval GB

Soviet NKL-16M 'Hydrosan'

<< < (3/9) > >>

robunos:

--- Quote from: jcf on October 07, 2021, 08:03:24 AM ---The fully amphibious Arctic Airboat Pro 560 pontoon hydrosan/aerosan only has one
engine. The weight of the floats wouldn't really be much of an issue for the engine
while on the water as you're floating on it and there's less drag than pushing across
snow or ice on skis.

--- End quote ---

When I first came up with the idea for this build, I didn't know that these things existed, so my Whif was going to operate on water only. It was only when i decided to start the Build that I found out about them, and added the over ice capability . . .

cheers,
Robin.

Buzzbomb:
At least you are doing something. Proceeding nicely

finsrin:
Real could have been.  Ideal for shallow water ops.  :smiley:

robunos:

Okay . . .
Hippo's got her hooves on !   ;D

I've added the brackets that normally attach the skis, on this model they'll attach to the floats. I've also assembled and fitted the engine mount, there are no less than NINE parts in that little thing, and struts ! . . . I hate 'em . . .   :icon_twisted:

cheers,
Robin.

robunos:

--- Quote from: finsrin on October 08, 2021, 10:20:29 AM ---Real could have been.  Ideal for shallow water ops.  :smiley:

--- End quote ---

Exactly ! Able to use the shallows and marshy areas, where the full-draught enemy patrol boats can't follow . . . basically an airboat before airboats were invented.

cheers,
Robin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version