Current and Finished Projects > Other

Steampunk Mounted Photographer

(1/2) > >>

Buzzbomb:
Steampunk bends the rules right  ;)
So how about those clever Steamypunky Victorians sorted out a few things around Camera's allowing the Camera to be used for Mounted Recce ?
This model is part of a GB over on WIM, might be worth adding over here as well
So I have a box of old Airfix Historical Series Figures from about 2 lifetimes ago

Plucked out the Lancer as probably the best basis for a uniform, plus appropriate stationary horse.. maybe they have not quite got the full stabilised mount worked out just yet.
Bit of tinkerage with some layout and create a camera.

Nup, had to redo the camera mount, can be stowed for travel. Plus horse furniture and kit

On a roll, because it is fun. New Helmet, re-animate the arms and add a cape thing that can be used as a camera blackout cover if needed for certain conditions

if had had some gears of the correct size, I could simply glue it on and call it steampunk ;)

Old Wombat:
You know the song Jon referenced was a protest against retailers who did just that, right? ??? ;)

ChernayaAkula:
Totally bonkers.

I love it!  :-*

--- Quote from: Buzzbomb on September 06, 2021, 02:09:44 PM ---<...> if had had some gears of the correct size, I could simply glue it on and call it steampunk ;)

--- End quote ---

You should do it. It's the trendy fashion nowadays!  ;)

apophenia:
Me too! I not sure about adding gears - this is already looking totally Victorian-Punk  :smiley: :smiley:

Buzzbomb:
Calling this done. Nice session in the paintshop on a day I should have been anywhere but in lockdown  >:D
Trooper of the Queen Consorts Own Light Cavalry - Deguerreotype Section.

54mm Airfix Napoleonic Lancer base figure. Scratchbuilt Camera, helmet from Apoxysculpt, tweaked Airfix Garand rifle, lotsabits from the box of Airfix bits and metal foil belts and straps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version