Modelling > 1920s/1930s GB or Between the Wars GB

Rules - 1920s/1930s GB or Between the Wars GB

<< < (3/5) > >>

Robomog:
My three ha'porth regarding the rules.

My feelings are that hanger queens and survivors of the shelf of doom should be allowed as long as they have to do something to complete them. Perhaps set the bar at at add a few bits and a full  paint job to finish.

Group builds are a bit undersbscribed and this will be a good way to boost numbers

Buzzbombs relaxing of the rules on the last GB is a  good indicator of the   increase in participants

Mog
>^-.-^<

apophenia:
Well said 'mog.

Buzzbomb does lead the way. There's a reason(s) why projects wind up of the Shelf o' Doom. Could be a lapse in inspiration. Possibly a hope-for 'quick build' encountering an unwelcome degree of difficulty. Maybe just a bout of missing mojo.

So much the better if a period GB motivates that mojo and get the modeller to the finish line. But, as you suggest, 'finish' is the operative word. Already completed? Bung 'er into the Inspiration thread. Just needed some stimulation to go that last yard with that 'Queen? Come on in!

Robomog:
1st paragraph : -  had all of those symptoms as one point or another  ;D

2nd paragraph :-  you get my point exactly :smiley:, its like adding the ' clear your workbench GB'  to a regular GB

Mog
>^-.-^<

apophenia:
1920s/1930s GB or Between the Wars GB

"So, in a curious lurid calm which could not last and yet, it seemed, could not end, the days went by. ― Iris Murdoc

In other words, the hands of the Clock of Doom continue to turn! [1] There are but two (2) days left to go  :o

This Group Build will end at 11:59:59 pm 31 July 2021, Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) -- meaning 7 hours behind UTC/GMT. (This arrangement favoured Antipodian participants but it turns out that the crowd Down Under are a very punctual and well-organized lot.)

For those still heading towards the finish line, timing will vary. Where an individual modeller is physically located will determine their 'Stop' time. For example, are you in, say, ...:

The Midlands? Step away from that modelling desk at 6:59:59 am on 01 Aug 2021! Extended to 08 Aug 2021

Italia? Interrompi tutte le attivitā alle 7:59:59 del 01 agosto 2021 !  Prorogato al 08 agosto 2021

Of course, I picked those two locations completely at random. My choice of example locations is in no way meant to add extra pressure (or to prompt any offers of lucrative bribes). That said, this is the opportune moment to request extensions (and operators are standing by to help negotiation easy-terms payment plans).

Meanwhile, an urgent expression from Canadian curling 'culture' may be motivating: "Hurry Hard!"

[1] For the younger modellers, this is analogue clock metaphor - a reference to utterly obsolete technology completely irrelevant to modern life. Ignore it and go write an app (or whatever it is you young 'uns get up to these days).

apophenia:
1920s/1930s GB or Between the Wars GB

"... I said that time may change me; But I can't trace time." - David Bowie

Here in Pacific Time Zone, we're heading towards the end of the penultimate day of this GB! So, a slightly premature 'Well done all!'.

Barring any last-minute extension requests, we'll wrap this puppy up tomorrow night (PDT). And then start the Polls  :smiley:

Maņana!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version