Current and Finished Projects > Sea

Bardiche Class Missile Destroyer

(1/4) > >>

Buzzbomb:
Been a long wait between ships for me.
So after some inspiration elsewhere.. off we went

Tipped out my box of small scale boat bits left overs to see if there was enough to build some sort of shippy thing.

Firstly build up the lower hull of the "whatever they were originally" ships, some 1/1400 or thereabouts kits I used parts on another build. Then the PSR.

So the thinking (if thinking is the right term for manic parts placement) is a twin hull floaty bit and a main hull supported between with the missile platform, quarters and the like.
Leaving all the machinery in the other hulls. All my spares stuff is 1/700 so that pretty much nails the scale.

So next challenge is to see if we can get a Helo deck on somewhere that is not threatened by missiles launching nearby.
Hydrofoils on the old sub hull maybe  ?
Some sort of access between components.
This marine engineering caper is exhausting.

Buzzbomb:
Well, talk about on a roll. That went together rather quickly, so it is either utter #$@% or I was in the groove.

This is super heavily armed.. I had lots of spare stuff. But meh.. why not ;D

Next stop looks to be some railings then the paint shop. Of course the entry to that area has a completely different mojo key  >:(

finsrin:
Like seeing this type of ship build.  Have the parts so use them.  Am picking up on the symmetry.  Being 1/700 can cruise with Mega-Carrier.  Looking for what paint does for tri-hulled marvel.

GTX_Admin:
 :smiley:

Buzzbomb:
So from a great movie... " That'll do pig"

Paint shop work done, went for a sort of camo scheme. Added as much railing as I had spare.
Only thing added outside of the stuff available in the original tip out of sprues was the launching Missile, which is Evergreen rod on some wire with far too much exhaust gas from cotton wool.
But it looks ok.

Very hard to get weathering right on this small a scale but gave it a bit of a go.
The "mount it on a sea base" mojo deserted me as well.

While processing the photos, I saw I forgot to add the rigging wires. A great book on modelling ships has the mantra of inside out, as in add stuff from the centre outwards. After the rails went on it was too late.
Next time.
Maybe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version