Modelling > Group and Themed Builds

2019 Group Build Poll

<< < (4/11) > >>

Acree:
I'm actually surprised and a little confused at the great popularity of Scale-o-rama. I enjoy seeing what people accomplish, but when I think about it, my stash is full of kits of one scale (1:72 in my case); in order to participate, I would need to build out of my preferred scale, or buy a kit for the specific purpose of Scale-o-rama into 1:72.  I'm not totally against that, but it does give me pause...

Some of the others surprise me because they are so specific (for example: Sweden and Rhodesia). 

On the other hand, I am happy that some of my favorites are doing well.  Vote for US Enters WWII Early and Forgotten Fights! 

Brian da Basher:
I'll let you in on a little secret regarding scale-o-rama, Acree:

It doesn't matter what scale the kit is actually in, just what scale you build it to.

For example, a two or three seat 1/72 patrol plane can be turned into a 1/144 transport with some creative decals and/or painting. Alternately, you could scale it up to a 1/48 light aircraft too.

When I play this game, I picture a silhouette of the aircraft and imagine what role it could take on if it was half or double the scale.

Also, scale-o-rama applies to parts as well as whole kits too. Lots of room there.

The pic below is a 1/72 Revell He-219 that I turned into a 1/144 airliner with just a few tweaks.

Brian da Basher

ChernayaAkula:
"Rhodesian Bush War" and "Out of Africa" as one GB?

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: ChernayaAkula on January 11, 2019, 10:03:36 PM ---"Rhodesian Bush War" and "Out of Africa" as one GB?

--- End quote ---

I was thinking that.  If those who voted for the Rhodesian one are happy, I will transfer the votes for it to the Out of Africa one.

ChernayaAkula:
Would be fine with me. Same thing perhaps, as "finsrin" suggested, with Airliners and Beasts of Burden/Transport?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version