Modelling > SciFi & Fantasy

Testors Area S4/ and Lindberg Area 51 UFO Models

<< < (2/4) > >>

aerospacer:

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on May 06, 2017, 09:15:09 AM ---Also the lack of any kind of control panel drives me nuts.  Where is the steering wheel or control handles for the bloody thing?  Should I add a joystick from a fighter aircraft?  Or a steering yoke from a bomber/transport?  Maybe controls like you have on a helicopter would make more sense. Q_%*(%T_AW* Bob Lazar...  :)

--- End quote ---

Think theremin - http://www.secretprojects.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,28724.msg301809.htm -  ;D

Martin

Frank3k:
Maybe Bob Lazar was a fan of "This Island Earth." You could add an Interocitor:

Or this emo Exeter and his bummed out passengers:

Alvis 3.1:
I re-scaled mine to 1/87 and added all the requisite Nazi equipment, including a leetle teeny Adolph waving Auf Wiedersein. I was so thoroughly annoyed at forking over a lot of money for two salad bowls and a side bowl, with no interior I scratch built an interior, added a bubble "canopy" and a bunch of crew (There's a Kubelwagen on Deck 2).
The whole saucer is actually flipped upside down from the "real' one. Cutting the hatch took forever, slowly scribing my way through, like using a butter knife to cut diamond. Ugh!
http://www.arcair.com/Gal1/401-500/gal419-Saucer-Petrie/00.shtm
For flight crew seats in 1/48, how aboot the ones from an F-16, for that casual "relaxed pilot" look? You could go with TNG-era Star trek type controls, completely smooth with touch screens galore.

elmayerle:

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on May 06, 2017, 09:15:09 AM --- Also the lack of any kind of control panel drives me nuts.  Where is the steering wheel or control handles for the bloody thing?  Should I add a joystick from a fighter aircraft?  Or a steering yoke from a bomber/transport?  Maybe controls like you have on a helicopter would make more sense.

--- End quote ---
Perhaps the interfaces are neurotronic as in some of the later sf novels by Lee Corey/G. Harry Stine; you wouldn't have much visible interface then.  I rather like the idea, myself, of ST:TNG-style programmable touch-screen control panels.

Frank3k:
Maybe it's a Gray version of Uber - you just telepathically tell the ship where you want to go and it takes you there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version