Modelling > Annual Clear your workbenches GB

F-23A 1/48 Hobbyboss

(1/3) > >>

Artoor_K:
Hi there,

I'd like to join CYW GB with a model that was begun 3 years ago. This is Hobbyboss YF-23, what-if OOB (without proper decals etc). Rivetcounters named every mistake in it but for me it looks like YF-23 and I want nothing more from a model. This will be serial F-23A with F-22-like scheme.

Jeffry Fontaine:
Artoor
I hope you do finish this F-23 for the group build.  I am curious to see what you will do with the model.  I have a couple of these in my own stash and I am always looking for inspiration and ideas on what to do with the things. 

One of my first priorities is to figure out where on the wings I can place stores pylons for fuel and externally carried weapons.  The type of stores pylon has yet to be determined but I am leaning towards using the F-18 pylons since it was originally designed and developed by Northrop before it became part of MDD and Boeing and the F-18 stores pylons would give it some family traits. 

Will you open up the internal weapons bay on this model or leave it alone?

Artoor_K:

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on December 27, 2016, 05:28:42 AM ---Artoor
I hope you do finish this F-23 for the group build.  I am curious to see what you will do with the model.  I have a couple of these in my own stash and I am always looking for inspiration and ideas on what to do with the things. 

One of my first priorities is to figure out where on the wings I can place stores pylons for fuel and externally carried weapons.  The type of stores pylon has yet to be determined but I am leaning towards using the F-18 pylons since it was originally designed and developed by Northrop before it became part of MDD and Boeing and the F-18 stores pylons would give it some family traits. 

Will you open up the internal weapons bay on this model or leave it alone?

--- End quote ---

I'll leave them closed definitely. I really don't wanna to scratchbuilt bomb bay :)

Kerick:
Good luck on this! I want to do the 1/72 me one so I'll be watching to see how this goes

taiidantomcat:
I love the YF-23!! I have two of these kits. Looking forward to seeing more from you artoor!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version