General Category > Support Products

Turned metal pitot tubes

(1/2) > >>

Rickshaw:
I have been using recently turned metal pitot tubes in 1/72.  They definitely add something to a model, make it's nose slimmer and they are often turned in the complex shapes the real pitot tubes use.  I have used them on F-106, Mirage 2000, Mirage III and other models.

I buy them from EvilBay for a few dollars (Australian) and they are well worth the price.    :thumbsup:

My only concern has been the fragility of their mounting.   They are sometimes easily knocked off! 

They are also available in that infernal 1/48 scale, the work of the Devil, I tell you!   ;)

GTX_Admin:
It might be the work of the Devil...but at least we have cookies...

The Big Gimper:
What have you found to be the best adhesive? And don't say cookie dough.

Rickshaw:

--- Quote from: The Big Gimper on July 25, 2016, 07:32:18 PM ---What have you found to be the best adhesive? And don't say cookie dough.

--- End quote ---

Nope. Superglue seems to work just fine.  Usually you have to drill a receiving hole in the nosecone of the model.

Rickshaw:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on July 25, 2016, 03:00:01 PM ---It might be the work of the Devil...but at least we have cookies...

--- End quote ---

Americanisms!  I tell you, it's "biscuits".  You've been spending too long in that weird scale, Greg.  Come over to the Light Side.  We have Yodha!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version