Modelling > Aero-space

Please check for existing topics before creating a new one ...

<< < (2/3) > >>

The Big Gimper:

--- Quote from: perttime on March 14, 2015, 09:38:56 PM ---Many forums seem to have these warnings about responding to 147 days old topics, or something. Elsewhere, a moderator or administrator once hinted that there is a technical reason why "resurrecting a zombie thread" is bad for the functioning of forum software (and then he locked the  less than year old thread).

--- End quote ---

Is this thread based on my reviving the "I watched a good movie yesterday" post?

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: Volkodav on March 14, 2015, 08:01:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: jcf on March 14, 2015, 12:06:27 PM ---Just as it sez folks, please use the search function to see if a subject already exists before
creating a new topic.

Thanks.

--- End quote ---

Makes sense and is what I endeavour to but each time I get a message from the site pointing out that it is an old topic and I should be starting a new one, maybe it would be possible to change that message?

--- End quote ---

What message is that?

Volkodav:
"Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic. "

In a red box above the text box when you click reply on a topic that hasn't been posted on for a period of time.

GTX_Admin:
Just do what I do...ignore the message!

Volkodav:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on March 14, 2015, 11:46:41 PM ---Just do what I do...ignore the message!

--- End quote ---

I do ignore it, I was just being pedantic in pointing out that there is a message that contradicts jcf's common sense recommendation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version