General Category > New Model Kit News/Reviews

Who does the best 1/700 Tarawa, Wasp or Makin Island kit?

(1/4) > >>

Volkodav:
Seems like the best place to post this question, hope I got it right, feel free to move the topic if I didn't.

Basically got an idea involving whiffing a LHD or LHA (yes into RAN carrier replacement), don't have a kit yet so thought I'd ask people for their opinions on those currently available before going shopping.  I imaging there are some very good ones out there but also some very average ones too.

Thanks in advance.

GTX_Admin:
1/700?  Bah!  Go big! ;)

Cliffy B:
Quiet Greg!  >:(   If they made one in 1/72 you'd tell him to build a 1/48 version ;D

For LHDs Hobby Boss makes the best in 1/700 in my opinion.  RoG makes one as well that's a bit cheaper but not as good.  Depends on how heavily you're gonna whiff it.

Here's the Revell.  Take a look at the Instructions to get an idea of what you're getting (link under picture)

Hobby Boss makes the entire class from LHD-1 through 6.  They all come with PE and ship specific decals.  Take a look at each as HB posts photos of every sprue and PE sheet.
LHD-1
LHD-2
LHD-3
LHD-4
LHD-5
LHD-6

For LHAs your selection is rather bad sadly.  RoG makes one in 1/720 and Dragon makes LHA-1 and LHA-2 in 1/700.  The Dragon kits I know are out of production and I think the RoG ones are as well. You can still find them on EBay and the like at times though for decent prices.

Here's a review of Dragon's LHA-1

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: Cliffy B on December 30, 2013, 08:59:06 AM ---Quiet Greg!  >:(   If they made one in 1/72 you'd tell him to build a 1/48 version ;D

--- End quote ---

Nah!!  1/35! ;)

Volkodav:
Was just at the local Hobby/Toy super store and saw a Revell 1/72 Skipjack SSN, suppose its a re-boxing of the Mobius kit  ;D.  Wife was there, I got slapped, may have to sneak back latter, no LHDs of any variety there.

Hobby Boss, cool I will check if any are around locally.  Thanks for that.

Just been reminded that there is an old mattress and a trailer full of palm fronds to go down the dump, damn real life and responsibilities! :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version