Modelling > Sea

Amphibious Ships, Vessels, and Landing Craft

<< < (2/8) > >>

elmayerle:

--- Quote from: jcf on November 13, 2013, 05:39:13 AM ---Late 60s Bell concept, from JANE'S Surface Skimmer Systems 1967-68.

--- End quote ---

Not too far off form the LCAC's the USN is now looking to replace and retire.

dy031101:
Models of Republic of China (a.k.a. Taiwan) Navy's planned Landing Platform Dock.

elmayerle:
That LPD looks a lot like the US San Antonio class; I wonder if the hanger doors can accommodate folded V-22's?  Also be interesting to see if the docking well can easily take LCAC's or their replacement SSC's.

dy031101:

--- Quote from: elmayerle on May 15, 2016, 08:46:17 AM ---That LPD looks a lot like the US San Antonio class......
--- End quote ---

About half its displacement.

--- Quote from: elmayerle on May 15, 2016, 08:46:17 AM ---...... I wonder if the hanger doors can accommodate folded V-22's?
--- End quote ---

Don't know although the closest thing ROCN can procure from abroad would be MH-53E (which I don't think is going to happen at this point).  The helipad should be able to handle and refuel CH-47SD, but the hangar is likely arranged with S-70C(M) in mind.

--- Quote from: elmayerle on May 15, 2016, 08:46:17 AM ---Also be interesting to see if the docking well can easily take LCAC's or their replacement SSC's.

--- End quote ---

Likely just old-school LCUs.

elmayerle:
I could see them being the first to purchase export MH-53K's, but I doubt the CH-53E and/or MH-53E will ever go up for sale, even when replaced as they are just too worn out to be worth it.  I still like the idea of ROCN MV-22B's and think their camo scheme would look good on one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version