Modelling > Sea

Aircraft Carrier Ideas and Inspiration

<< < (2/80) > >>

dy031101:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on January 16, 2012, 02:41:05 AM ---Maybe A-7s as replacements for A-4s? 
--- End quote ---

That's what I thought, too.

Sea Jaguar...... I forgot about its weight and takeoff performance compared to the Buccaneer and Sea Vixen (I mentioned those two for being the final airwing onboard a Centaur class carrier, whose size I mimicked for the Shipbucket pic).

elmayerle:
Production Sea Jaguar with the radar nose and LRMTS underneath and most definitely with the later, more powerful Adour versions if not re-engined with M45s (engines proposed for the AFVG).  For light attack, perhaps a cross between the Hawk 200 and the T-45 and sold as an AT-45 for use on some of the USN's smaller carriers?

GTX_Admin:
I wonder...conventional (i.e. non VTOL) Harrier/Sea Harrier anyone?

Alternately, a naval AMX?

Weaver:
Navalised AMX is a sexy idea in a world where Italy had the will/money to build a small conventional carrier instread of the Garibaldi, because AMX development was shared with Brazil and they have a small carrier too.

sequoiaranger:
I have the materials for a build of a slightly-stretched Yorktown-class carrier with an angled deck. The Essex-class Antietam model (1/700) has the early-style angled deck, and I am hoping to mate that to a semi-Yorktown hull/superstructure. I made a 1/1200 angled-deck Enterprise (no lengthening) a long time ago, and liked the concept. My "Furashita's Fleet" has my concept in the form of "Bon Homme Richard":

http://www.combinedfleet.com/furashita/bonhom_f.htm

I will have some "Douglas Decimators" on the deck! Not near the top of my to-build list, but ON the list!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version