General Category > New Model Kit News/Reviews

Takom Models

<< < (3/104) > >>

kitnut617:
Other pics I've seen of this tank gave the impression that it was quite a large one.  Seeing the figure beside it, it doesn't look that big at all ---

Rickshaw:
I was thinking as I was reading the review, I'd have hated trying to fix a broken track or damaged roadwheel on the inner runs.

GTX_Admin:

--- Quote from: Rickshaw on December 01, 2013, 08:05:43 AM ---I was thinking as I was reading the review, I'd have hated trying to fix a broken track or damaged roadwheel on the inner runs.

--- End quote ---

I agree it would have been a bitch, but probably something able to be avoided in contact provided both on one side didn't go.  I have the similar thought whenever I see one of these on the road:

Mind you, as a whiff, I wonder how one would go replacing the twin tracks with a single wide track?

Old Wombat:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on December 01, 2013, 02:42:16 AM ---Still think it would look appropriate as some sort of Sci-fi vehicle.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: kitnut617 on December 01, 2013, 04:21:19 AM ---Other pics I've seen of this tank gave the impression that it was quite a large one.  Seeing the figure beside it, it doesn't look that big at all ---

--- End quote ---

Ditch the turret, sand down & fill the turret ring, add a few greeblies over it, too, & scale-o-rama it to either 1/72nd or 1/144th, with the drivers periscopes acting as command/control centre view-ports.

You now have a very big sci-fi exploration (or similar) vehicle. 8)

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on December 01, 2013, 10:53:36 AM ---Mind you, as a whiff, I wonder how one would go replacing the twin tracks with a single wide track?

--- End quote ---

I'll let you make the tracks for that, mate! ;D

:)

Guy

AndyJ:
That Objekt 279 would be ideal to be battling with the AMT Gigantic insects (arachnids). As Homer Simpson has pointed out, radiation makes things bigger.

http://www.professorplastik.com/monster_site/proscenium/kits/xtrakits/otherlabelkits/mpc/gigantics/gigankits.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version