General Category > Looking for Kits, Parts, and Decals

LF: 48th scale IFR Probe (source kits would be H-60, H-53, H-47, and H-3)

(1/3) > >>

Diavel:
I am in need of an IFR probe from an MH-60 Blackhawk, to fit to my US. Marine corps MH-101 Merlin, in 1/72nd scale. I have built it to look like a modern version of an HH-3 with fuel tanks on pylons fitted to the main landing gear pods, and will fit a radar pod on the nose, so I thought an IFR probe would be a fitting addition too. I am in the UK too.
Cheers
Chris

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: Diavel on February 13, 2013, 03:21:37 AM ---I am in need of an IFR probe from an MH-60 Blackhawk, to fit to my US. Marine corps MH-101 Merlin, in 1/72nd scale. I have built it to look like a modern version of an HH-3 with fuel tanks on pylons fitted to the main landing gear pods, and will fit a radar pod on the nose, so I thought an IFR probe would be a fitting addition too. I am in the UK too.
Cheers
Chris
--- End quote ---

Does it really have to be sourced from a Blackhawk kit?  There are several siimilar IFR boom/probes in 1:72nd scale that you can find in the HH-53/MH-53/CH-53 Sea Stallion/Super Sea Stallion and the HH-3 Jolly Green Giant kits that might work too.  The parts are all about the same in length and have very similar features. 

kitnut617:

--- Quote from: Diavel on February 13, 2013, 03:21:37 AM ---I am in need of an IFR probe from an MH-60 Blackhawk, to fit to my US. Marine corps MH-101 Merlin, in 1/72nd scale. I have built it to look like a modern version of an HH-3 with fuel tanks on pylons fitted to the main landing gear pods, and will fit a radar pod on the nose, so I thought an IFR probe would be a fitting addition too. I am in the UK too.
Cheers
Chris

--- End quote ---

I left a post on the What-If forum Chris, but I'll do it here too.   I've got a CH-53E probe that's spare, I'm building this model as a 'Marine One' variant

Diavel:

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on February 13, 2013, 07:14:47 AM ---
Cheers
Chris
--- End quote ---

Does it really have to be sourced from a Blackhawk kit?  There are several siimilar IFR boom/probes in 1:72nd scale that you can find in the HH-53/MH-53/CH-53 Sea Stallion/Super Sea Stallion and the HH-3 Jolly Green Giant kits that might work too.  The parts are all about the same in length and have very similar features.

--- End quote ---
Hya Jeff,
It is the way it fits to the fuselage and it is longer than the item from the MH-53, plus it looks more of a bolt on extra, and that is the look I want the Merlin to have. The Merlin will be a medevac helicopter with high speed and long range in mind, to either get wounded personnel from the battle to a land based hospital or to a ship.
Cheers
Chris 

elmayerle:
If memory serves, it's teh same probe, just a bolt-on installation on the MH-60 (very "bolt on", the interface fitting with the aircraft fuel system is on the rear dorr frame - had to change out some hardware on it due to corrosion issues while I was contracting at Sikorsky) so you could hse that probe and scratchbuild the rest of the installation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version