Modelling > Group and Themed Builds

A question/proposal regarding GB voting

<< < (2/5) > >>

father ennis:
I think BdB has hit the nail on the head. I fully agree with him on this. Nothing much I could add ...

niki:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on April 06, 2013, 03:40:59 AM ---...reflect that person's contribution to the GB theme?[/b]

--- End quote ---

Hi guys,

I am currently part of the National Reserves GB over on ARC. A couple of other GBs are going on there simultaneously, with the Phantom Addicts one taking the spot light with many entries and much discussion. This, of course, one could argue, has diminished the potential number of participants in the NRGB, with this latter most likely looking slim by the time it'll end in some three months time.

Now, judging strictly from the competition point of view, what everyone else before me said is true: the best entry should get the praise.
If the aim however is to get as many entries possible, bringing along diversity, lots of ideas, discussions, etc. [in this spirit I understood Greg's quote], then...

Couldn't there perhaps be a system that acknowledges both the best entry on the one hand and the best contribution (not necessarily to be called that way) on the other, at the same time?

Cheers,
Niki

P.S.: mind you, I am not that familiarized with the actual happenings on this forum, so it is possible to have misunderstood some things. Apologies upfront for that  :-[

I am about to embark on a What-If GB and will share the (modest) outcome with you in due time :)

GTX_Admin:
Hi Niki,

You have captured my thoughts exactly.  I like your suggestion too.  Maybe we can introduce a new category during the voting.  Basically this would result in three typical votes:

* Best Physical Build
* Best Profile/Pixel/Story
* Best overall contribution to the Theme
Regards,

Greg

finsrin:
Thoughts to chew on.

1. Physical builds have two charateristics that mess with my vote.  Concept (what it is) and detail/fit/finish.  Which way to vote when I most like two for those reasons.  ???

2. Cannot vote for your own entry and you must vote for some entry or your entry is disqaulified.   Desirable?   Can voting software do that?   Do we care?

GTX_Admin:
My thoughts:

1.  Up to you.  I usually base my decisions on a combination of both plus match with overall theme.
2.  No rule saying you can't vote for your own.  Personally though I think many of us would think it poor form to do so.  Either way, we can't/won't make the software prevent you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version