Modelling > Land

Urban cam for built-up areas

<< < (2/2)

AGRA:

--- Quote from: raafif on September 30, 2012, 01:29:16 PM --- despite what all the "experts" say on various forums, troops are still encouraged to use whatever is available from mud to stolen paint etc.
--- End quote ---

By 'encouraged' you mean 'bored into'... The vital ingredient other than dirt and water for any mud cam application is a lot of spare time in the field with nothing better to do!

ChernayaAkula:

--- Quote from: raafif on September 30, 2012, 01:29:16 PM ---Croatian tankers used house paint to cam-up their improvised armour -- despite what all the "experts" say on various forums, troops are still encouraged to use whatever is available from mud to stolen paint etc. <...>

--- End quote ---

Mud I can see, but scrounged paint? Wouldn't that mess up the IR-reflecting properties of the vehicle's paint (?  You'd maybe improve camouflage to the naked eye, but most probably paint a big "we're here" sign to anyone with an old cheapo IR sight. That's assuming your vehicle is painted with such paints, of course, but I reckon that's the standard in most professional armies by now.

Feldmarschall Zod:
Raafif
Thanks for the link. I love that short barreled E-10 with the battering ram in the front.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version