A submarine of sorts

<< < (8/8)

The Big Gimper:
A most outstanding build Ken!

Bravo Zulu!

Old Wombat:
Oh, WOW, man! That looks awesome! 8)

Kerick:

--- Quote from: finsrin on February 16, 2023, 04:30:45 AM ---Looking 'very finished'.   Such a stand and font, perfect for display.    :smiley:
Beatles made enough money to buy and convert Victor class sub to personal Yellow Submarine.

--- End quote ---

Could you imagine that? And having in dry dock to paint it yellow?

Thanks guys!
The hull was the Victor bomber fuselage, the sail was the only submarine part, rudder and rear plane were junk aircraft parts, the diving planes on the sail were horizontal stabilizers from an Apache helicopter with all the rivets sanded off, the periscopes were pieces of sprue with a curved end and the base was from the back of an old printer I junked. So I didn’t have to buy anything. The decals were printed on my inkjet printer and the color density was a little thin so the orange and yellow background tinted the decal colors. I’ll live with that.

apophenia:
Dang, that is a looker! Stunning paint/decal work  :smiley:

Kerick:
Still working on reconfiguring Paul’s arms. George is finished painting as he has the simplest costume. John and Ringo need stripes but I don’t know how that will work. It would be hard enough in 1/35th but HO scale? I managed a fairly decent bass for Paul plus microphones for everyone. I need some shade of purple for Paul’s jacket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version