Modelling > Bite Me! (or Tiger Mouth/Anything with a mouth) GB

Anteater Recon vehicle

(1/6) > >>

raafif:
I have been thinking of doing a mod to a kit since I bought it 10 ... 15 years ago -- did a profile of the idea at the time.  So now that there's a "Bite Me" build on the go I will try to do it.

Don't get all excited just yet ... some of my builds have been known to last for 40 years !!

Sport25ing:
I hope not  ;D

raafif:
You will be gald to know that I have been very brave & made the first major cut – a difficult full width cut with the Dremel Buzzsaw.  Actually I was very brave a second time when a second cut was made but quickly applied a band-aide to my thumb without crying. Then 3 more smaller cuts to sever the nose from the rest, glued it to the upper section & set it aside to dry.

Dug out the parts for a turret & modified them to fit the main section – will have to figure out a way for it to rotate or otherwise I’ll have to just glue it on solidly.

So now, I guess, is the time to open the instructions & see what I need to do from here.

Day Two – got stuck in & surprisingly managed to, except for paint, complete all the landing gear – luckily there wasn’t so many parts & the instructions were quite good.
Just picked up the instructions again & started scratching my head over the many, many small & miniature parts for the upper section ...

apophenia:
Oh, this sounds very promising. And the cut thumb? Good on ya!

1 - For not blubbing;

2 - Because Styrene, goddess of whiffing, appreciates all blood sacrifices  :smiley:

raafif:
Side planks added to the upper hull & trimmed the rear plate. Glued the said plate to the hull but found I had trimmed too much off in places but that’s easily fixed later.  Now to join the upper & lower sections before starting on the dozens of superstructure additions.

My God !  So far this must be the fastest build I have ever done !!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version