Modelling > Bite Me! (or Tiger Mouth/Anything with a mouth) GB

Spitfire mk VIII Sharkmouth

(1/4) > >>

Robomog:
Hi all

Always had a plan to build a sharkmouth Spitfire but never had the excuse.

Here's the starting point

The decals from the kit are inaccurate, battered and suspect, but I have an Almark set which covers a couple of Austrailian examples so I'm going for it.

It's a pretty old tooling so there are a few sink marks to fill and I know the fit of the kit is not particularly good as I used this kit as the basis for a pink PR11i built last year, also the propeller is deformed so I have ordered a resin replacement.

A boring real world build but nonetheless it has a mouth !

More when it happens......

Mog
>^-.-^<

PS  I have switched to Imgur for my photo hosting so the posted pictures may be a bit erratic, basically I've got fed up with Flickr moving the goalposts and trying to force me into paying for an account I can't afford. :icon_twisted:

Sport25ing:
A OTL model - a excellent start  :smiley:

Old Wombat:
From one of my posts in the Inspirations thread, 'Mog; these are from the squadron in question (the first one is worth a closer look, as you can see the shark mouth has been modified):

Robomog:
Thanks OW

interesting set of pics the top one has two sets of eyes and the third has a completely different mouth (as you pointed out)

Gives me some possible variations, (tempted by the four eyes  ;))

Sport25ing :- please define OTL not familiar with that one (I'm not very good with TLA's ;D)

Mog
>^-.-^<

Sport25ing:

--- Quote from: Robomog on July 03, 2022, 06:41:45 PM ---
Sport25ing :- please define OTL not familiar with that one (I'm not very good with TLA's ;D)

--- End quote ---

OTL - Original Time Line
ATL - Alternative Time Line

;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version