Modelling > Tips, Tools & Techniques

3D Printing Tips and Techniques

<< < (10/11) > >>

LemonJello:
Thanks! It was pretty fun to get some time with the printer.  At one point I had a batch of prints in washing while another batch was printing. 

Any missing parts are lost to the carpet monster as they flew off as I was removing the supports.

I let PrusaSlicer determine best position for details on the rifles, and they all printed at odd angles with a lot of supports.  I think I'll try it again with more vertical orientation and see what happens.

I give the FEP a good inspection for cured bits at the end of my printing time and a rinse of Isopropyl before closing up shop.

robunos:

--- Quote from: Frank3k on February 14, 2022, 08:59:47 AM ---I'm having some difficulty "dialing in" my Saturn. The larger vat and FEP are a bitch to work with.

--- End quote ---

I was recommended to view this blog, and it does seem to have some good advice, might be worth you looking at it . . .

https://blog.honzamrazek.cz/category/3d-printing/

cheers,
Robin.

Frank3k:
Robin,
 I'm using some of Jans' ettings! His latest settings and script for UVTools are great. I'm having issues dialing in the best exposure.

Frank3k:
I should follow my own advice...

I was having weird print failures, even on basic prints like exposure checks. Half would be stuck to the FEP and half to the build plate; it didn't make sense. After many attempts and many re-levels - I took the build plate off, cleaned it well and took a good look at the surface. I gave it a quick pass with a 600 grit sanding pad and a shiny spot appeared. It was a tiny sliver of resin, no more than 5mm x 3mm and much, much less than 1mm thick (maybe only 1-2 layers thick, so around 100 microns) near the edge of the build plate. It was smooth and almost invisible and I could only feel it by its smoothness.

I scraped the build plate several times, gave it a couple of passes with a 400 then 600 sanding pad, cleaned it off, re-leveled and it started printing like a champ.

Story:
What do you guys do with your misprints?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version