Modelling > Tips, Tools & Techniques

New Masking Tape

<< < (2/2)

jcf:
Run a little water along the edge and it seals, that's the paint block feature.
3M makes a similar product.

jcf:

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on June 21, 2019, 11:47:52 AM ---I think I have seen this product in a couple of hardware stores around here, the big box stores but have not tried it out yet.  There are several brands of what they describe as "Low Tackiness" tapes in blue, light green/lime, and a light purple colour that are all quite similar in capabilities, I have stocked up on the blue tape as it was priced to appeal to my own frugal character and the other two colours appeared on the shelf later after I had acquired the blue tape.  It does come in several widths which I find to be a good option to have when masking things or just taping the parts together to get a feel for the task ahead.  I think it was Carl/The Big Gimper that called it the "Imagineering Tape" or something like that.  :smiley:

--- End quote ---

Be careful with the 3M green coloured tapes, one of them is a very high-tack tape for lacquers,
not modelling lacquers, think auto body or furniture. If you accidentally use it on a model
it lift everything off down to the bare plastic.

;D :-X :icon_fsm:

jcf:
I've been using this painter's tape from ipg, lower tack than the 3M blue
and it seems to be thinner.

https://itape.com/-/media/files/tds/msk/msk_pt8_tds.pdf

Jeffry Fontaine:
@Jon/JCF - Thanks for  the clarification.  I have only purchased and used the 3M Blue tape and it was during my shopping trip for the blue tape that I encountered the other tapes of similar purpose.  So far, the blue tape has been reliable for the various imagineering events and the occasional assist in assembly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version