Current and Finished Projects > Stories

A slightly different New Zealand

<< < (2/3) > >>

GTX_Admin:
Maybe some AN72Ps?

elmayerle:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on December 13, 2017, 02:07:01 AM ---Maybe some AN72Ps?

--- End quote ---
Those would seem more promising; perhaps even acquiring some AN-71 Madcap aircraft for command and control purposes.

Rickshaw:
Interesting.  New Zealand was and remains rather important to both the Western Alliance and the Soviet Union/Russia.   Both for the same reason.   Russian communications and reconnaissance satellites because of their high, arcing, polar orbits come closest to Earth in the region of New Zealand.   This has allowed the US to spy, on the Russian spysats and commsats much more easily, as they swoop close in.

Potentially, during the Cold War, this meant that New Zealand would be the ideal place to base anti-Satellite missiles.  While the speed of the satellites would be higher they would be closer so shorter ranged, faster intercepting missiles could work.

New Zealand, also because of it's position, in the deep, southern Pacific Ocean was also an ideal staging place to Antarctica and it's why, even after their expulsion from the A**US Treaty, they allowed the US to continue to stage flights through New Zealand airbases from the US to Antarctica.   This would make New Zealand essential in the ongoing fight against the super-Secret Nazi Antarctic bases.    It is from here, that secret interception flights against the Nazi flying saucers occurred.    ;)

KiwiZac:

--- Quote from: M.A.D on December 12, 2017, 07:43:46 PM ---As much as I like the prospect of RNZAF Flanker's, they are really outside New Zealand’s operational scope
--- End quote ---
I've read that when the A-4 replacement programme was in full swing in the late 1990s Sukhoi prepared a proposal for selling us Flankers. I'd love to find out more about it.

M.A.D:

--- Quote from: KiwiZac on January 11, 2018, 06:04:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: M.A.D on December 12, 2017, 07:43:46 PM ---As much as I like the prospect of RNZAF Flanker's, they are really outside New Zealand’s operational scope
--- End quote ---
I've read that when the A-4 replacement programme was in full swing in the late 1990s Sukhoi prepared a proposal for selling us Flankers. I'd love to find out more about it.

--- End quote ---

Sounds very interesting KiwiZac, but unfortunately, I personally don't have anything on the subject.
I would think the RNZAF would struggle $$$-wise with the Flanker's operating costs  :-\

M. A. D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version