Current and Finished Projects > Land

Italari Bugatti type 35b

(1/4) > >>

kpnuts:
Hi all been away for a while but I'm back now, probably won't be as prolific as before but getting back in the saddle.
I know it's the hard way round but I've decided to do it as a barn find first then do it as a full restoration.
So far I've used these two items for the start of the weathering 

This is only a start I've also added some of the body colour to the chassis.

kpnuts:
Bit more done to the engine of this.

kpnuts:
More work on this, I have to say it's no where near as good as the mefistofeles kit detail and fit wise I would actually go as far as to say it's the worst italari kit I've built in a while, the detail is very soft (there is a lot of it but it's not very crisp) if I had the patience (and the time) I would cut all the nuts and bolts heads off and replace them.

That said its certainly not a bad kit but since I was looking forward to it being a new mold kit I'm a bit disappointed with it.

raafif:
 :smiley: I just had my car's leaky top plate fixed with a new gasket - looks like yours needs one too ;D :smiley:

kpnuts:
Hi all more done to this, did the exhaust with a combination of pastels and paint, quite pleased with how it's coming along, doing the corrosion on the water pipe with a combo of talc and pastels ground up (need to get more texture on it yet, may use a bit of salt)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version