Current and Finished Projects > Scifi and Fantasy

Hotrod Headhunter

<< < (2/23) > >>

sotoolslinger:
Hey now :-[ I just started  :-\ Maybe it will suck ::) ;)
By the way to whoever sent me the 1/72 F-111  ??? :-[ Many thanks :-*
Yes those are podracer engines :-* :-* :-*
Please also note that I have extended the sensor suite >:D
Right now I am working on a custom cockpit ( thank you Moebius Vipers) I have to be really careful at this point cause the canopy has to be puttied in before I join the fuselage halves together :-\

arkon:
that should be one cool ship! :icon_jedi:

LemonJello:
This is going to be something else! Class is in session, padawans, gather round and watch a master at work.

RussC:
Mastery of plastery, this is....

Some aspects of these ships look like some of the original concept drawings for the first film, where the craft used more bubble tops and cruder paint. as I remember, those bubble tops were discarded because they were very unfriendly to the blue-screen image compositing methods of the day and instead everything was box-frames and flat panes until the three prequels were made and CGI was the new standard. Same for the paint, with wilder schemes going to grays which worked better for the optical printing.

If you dont have podracer engines, the 1/48 scale GO-229 kit from dragon models has two engines that have the same detail level as these pod racer parts.

sotoolslinger:
Hey thanks y'all :-* You know Russ, the funny thing is , I just checked the stash and I actually have that kit ;D Now at the show last weekend that Horten was going for 50 -60 bucks but I got 2 podracers for 17 dollars >:D
Here is the cockpit I built up for her

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version