Current and Finished Projects > Other

What-If Weapons - Ground - WIP

<< < (2/7) > >>

Jeffry Fontaine:
Thanks Brian, I am starting to think that some kind of magnifying device for looking at the tiny parts is looking like a necessary purchase about now.  ;)

@Frank, a lot of the Boys ATR that were imported to the U.S.A. were converted to chamber and fire the .50" BMG cartridge since the ammunition for the original was scarce while the BMG is plentiful.  Aside from being set up for right handed shooters only, it is quite the weapon for sniping or just causing mayhem against soft targets. 

ChernayaAkula:
The kit-bashed scope looks pretty darn convincing! :)

Yet another reason to not throw any kit left-overs away. Ever.  >:D

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: ChernayaAkula on March 25, 2017, 04:45:40 AM ---The kit-bashed scope looks pretty darn convincing! :)

Yet another reason to not throw any kit left-overs away. Ever.  >:D
--- End quote ---

The down side to that is boxes full of parts that you have to sift through looking for that ONE piece you think you saved just for that special idea you had but forgot where you put it... :)

apophenia:
Jeff: Love the idea of whif AMRs! What a great concept   :-*

The Boys was actually .55-inch ... so it sounds like that Italeri kit is waaay underscale. Good call going with .338 or .408.

Watching with interest! Hope the finger heals quickly and good luck with future #11 X-Acto battles!

Jeffry Fontaine:
Thanks S.  Finger is still tender but seems to have a durable scab over the wound now, surprised at how deep that blade went, I was fortunate in not having done more damage than I did.  So with sore finger to remind me to be careful, I did fiddle with two of the p roject cannons today, taking up where I had left off with boring out the end of the receiver to accept a turned aluminium barrel from CMK.  These particular FlaK.38 pieces are from the Italeri Berge Panther ARV kit that is armed with a free swinging (sort of) 20mm mount in front of the assistant driver position.  It has an interesting mount that defies all logic so far as to how it all went together in order to balance the weapon and allow it to swing about to shoot at things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version