Current and Finished Projects > Scifi and Fantasy

Revell SnapTite (851766) 1:32nd scale HALO UNSC Warthog

<< < (2/5) > >>

Frank3k:
I have fond memories of the original Halo game and the soundtrack is awesome! The Banshee was my favorite, though.

Matt Irvine has a good breakdown of the kit I can see how the interior would be pretty big even for a Spartan.

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: Frank3k on February 12, 2022, 03:31:04 AM ---I have fond memories of the original Halo game and the soundtrack is awesome! The Banshee was my favorite, though.

Matt Irvine has a good breakdown of the kit I can see how the interior would be pretty big even for a Spartan.
--- End quote ---

Great review and an excellent image of all of the parts in the kit (no parts runners/spures to deal with).  The size/scale disparity only gets more aggravated when you see images of the Warthog and then compare that with what you get in the kit and all of a sudden your level of fun and enjoyments is immediately reduced by half.  But that being said, it is the only "Affordable" Warthog kit available in a reasonable model scale.  Would be nice to see one of these in 1/48th scale so it would fit in a C-130, CH-53, and V-22. 

The Big Gimper:

--- Quote from: Frank3k on February 12, 2022, 03:31:04 AM ---I have fond memories of the original Halo game and the soundtrack is awesome! The Banshee was my favorite, though.

--- End quote ---

I have had the Halo (1, 2 & 3) soundtracks on my iPod for many years. I second Frank's comment.

Silverfox:

--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on February 12, 2022, 04:05:45 AM ---Great review and an excellent image of all of the parts in the kit (no parts runners/spures to deal with).  The size/scale disparity only gets more aggravated when you see images of the Warthog and then compare that with what you get in the kit and all of a sudden your level of fun and enjoyments is immediately reduced by half.  But that being said, it is the only "Affordable" Warthog kit available in a reasonable model scale.  Would be nice to see one of these in 1/48th scale so it would fit in a C-130, CH-53, and V-22.

--- End quote ---

I'd love to see them in 1/35th scale so they'd fit in with modern armour kits and accessories too.

Jeffry Fontaine:

--- Quote from: Silverfox on February 14, 2022, 04:02:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on February 12, 2022, 04:05:45 AM ---Great review and an excellent image of all of the parts in the kit (no parts runners/spures to deal with).  The size/scale disparity only gets more aggravated when you see images of the Warthog and then compare that with what you get in the kit and all of a sudden your level of fun and enjoyments is immediately reduced by half.  But that being said, it is the only "Affordable" Warthog kit available in a reasonable model scale.  Would be nice to see one of these in 1/48th scale so it would fit in a C-130, CH-53, and V-22.

--- End quote ---
I'd love to see them in 1/35th scale so they'd fit in with modern armour kits and accessories too.
--- End quote ---
Yeah, it would be nice if they had approached this in a logical manner and the kit was produced in 1:35th scale but you have to remember you are dealing with corporate monkeys that have no clue and the best they could come up with was to make it 1:32nd scale just like the majority of their other snap-together kits.  With the rise in popularity of 3D printers I suspect that someone will eventually take the leap of faith and do us all a solid by creating a Warthog in 1:35th and other scales that are compatible with most modelers. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version