Current and Finished Projects > Scifi and Fantasy

Revell SnapTite (851766) 1:32nd scale HALO UNSC Warthog

<< < (3/5) > >>

Jeffry Fontaine:
More WIP images of the Revell Warthogs.  This had to be done in order to shore up the bottom of the chassis and underside of the cargo bed.  Without these blanking plates there would be light shining through the bottom of the cargo bed floor.  White plastic from unknown source, definitely not Evergreen card stock.  Black plastic started out as the main landing gear bays from an Italeri AC-130 that I had previously removed all of the surface features and details from several months ago.  Good use of scrap plastic.  The dodgy kit plastic seems to be resistant to solvent based adhesives so I had to use CA glue to secure the pieces in place. 

Ramba:
Those fixes to cover the holes from the bottom look good. The wooden cargo bed looks good too. Everything coming along nicely.

Old Wombat:
 :smiley:

Jeffry Fontaine:
The Warthog project has been put on hold until I hear back from Revell Customer Service.  Turns out the clear part (windscreen/windshield) was missing from both kits and that kind of threw a wrench in the gears of progress for the Warthogs.  The alternative is to go to eBay and spend $60.00 + tax (thankfully the shipping is free) to get two more of these space takers just to finish the two original Warthogs.  Yeah,verily, that sucketh greatly.

Frank3k:
I'm not sure the clear part adds much to the kit. Can you wing it by adding a styrene strip frame where the clear windscreen bends, then use flat plastic for the glass? Or just insert a vertical clear plastic sheet where the rear windshield frame is. It may look more realistic/ less toy-like

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version