Modelling > 1920s/1930s GB or Between the Wars GB

A Tiger moth coloured Tiger moth - FINISHED!

<< < (3/8) > >>

Robomog:
Doh !  There was me thinking I was doing something original  :icon_surprised: 

slimed by reality again !

Nice pics though did you take them ? :smiley:

Mog
>^-.-^<

Robomog:
Hi All

This kit is really beginning to show it's age, for instance ejector pin holes in all the flying surfaces

by Robomog, on Flickr

Also the bottom wing is a perfect aerofoil but at the junction of the fuselage should be flat, so out with the filler and let PSR commence .

by Robomog, on Flickr

The tail has a similar fit but I also had to lengthen the locating holes to move the tailplane forward a tad,  more filling here.

A little bit more tidying up then I'm on to the painting.

Thanks for looking............

Mob
>^-.-^<

apophenia:

--- Quote from: Robomog on June 19, 2021, 08:28:18 AM ---This kit is really beginning to show it's age, for instance ejector pin holes in all the flying surfaces

--- End quote ---

Yow! Airfix must've gone for one-size-fits-all jumbo ejector pins when they adopted 1/24th scale kits  :o

I guess it is a small mercy that this pin mark is on the under surface of the wing!

Robomog:
Hi all

All the initial construction and PSR  has been completed and its onto the painting.

It wasn't long after I joined BTS that the late great Brian de Basher sussed that I like doing the great reveal at the end of my build threads, unfortunately it will be virtually impossible on this one as I am painting the top wing separately to the rest of the plane and joining it all up later. It makes it easier all round to paint the model so apologies in advance.

Here's the story so far........

by Robomog, on Flickr

The top wing is completed and the bottom wing and fuselage has had a couple of coats of orange.

The orange paint has had a bit of a last laugh, if it had been a fresh bottle I recon I would have been all right but it was slightly dried up and very thick.

I couldn't get a replacement as there appears to be a shortage of Humbrol products in the UK at the moment so I had to make the best of a bad lot.

It had not gone so far as to be impossible to use but regardless of of whatever thinning medium I used (water, tamiya thinners, iso)  i could not obtain an even finish and while smooth the paint exhibits a subtle kind of streaky  iridescence that I cant get rid of.  :-\

On the plus side it looks ok at a distance, it's only when you get up close and under strong light it shows so I guess I can live with that  ;)

More when it happens.........

Mog
>^-.-^<

apophenia:
You're right, the orange looks great at a distance  :smiley: The upper wing, on the other hand, looks fabulous (in all senses)!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version