Modelling > Land

BMP Family of Vehicles (BMP-1, BMP-2, BMP-3, BMP-XXX, etc.)

<< < (3/13) > >>

raafif:
couple more old ones ...

Logan Hartke:
Just as there is now a tracked Stryker, so too is there a wheeled BMP-2.

Wow.

Oh my.  I'm going to be sick.  It looks like someone faxed a fuzzy photo of the Fahd 280-30 and there was a paper jam as it was printing.  Then they built something to match the picture.

It also looks eerily similar to the Hammerhead-i Eagle Thrust.

At least we know India's watching Top Gear.

In case anyone wants to subject their eyes to a further round of retinal bombardment, it's called the Chakra Rath (which I can only assume means something quite derogatory in Hindi) and more pictures can be found at the link below.

http://alternathistory.org.ua/indiiskii-variant-modernizatsii-bmp-2

There's even a walkaround video on YouTube.

Wow.  Just...wow.

Cheers,

Logan

GTX_Admin:
Oh dear.  What's next? A wheeled MT-LB?

Rickshaw:
Not much ground clearance under the leaf-springs is there?  The tyres look either flat or overloaded.  I doubt the value of it in cross-country driving as well, with that large gap between the front and rear wheels.   Internal security vehicle perhaps?   Technology demonstrator?  Spoof?

Weaver:
Wow - that last time I saw an idea as bad as that, it was in a black and white photo from the 1930s....... ???

If you wanted to recycle old BMP-1s into wheeled AFVs, it'd make far more sense to buy the bare hulls of a properly designed vehicle (there must be at least a dozen to choose from) and then swap all the BMP subsystems onto them. That Kadr Fahd in Logan's post has got to be the first obvious candidate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version