Modelling > 2019 Clear your workbench GB

AH-1 Cobra Firewatch

(1/6) > >>

Kerick:
I just ordered decals from Drawdecals.com for the US Forest Service AH-1 Cobra in 1/72nd scale. I have a Whiskey Cobra in the stash that would make a great upgrade version. Twin engine power and safety flying in the mountains and such. Sounds good to me. The website states that the order will take three weeks or so. That gives me time to start building. Drawdecals has several other firebomber aircraft choices plus lots of airline schemes. A guy could go nuts there.

elmayerle:
And if you want a special "tweak", he will do that.  I have 1/72 and 1/48 C-21A sheets from him with the blue cheat lines changed to OD for use on a slight whiff of the ones transferred to the US Army (I know two were, but only have the serial of one  :( ).

Kerick:
He seems very accommodating. I’m looking forward to seeing his products.

Kerick:
Just got an email from drawdecals saying the order is in the mail. It should arrive in a couple of days. That turned out to be really quick. I’m looking forward to this.

Kerick:
The order from Drawdecals has arrived. Everything looks great! Printing is sharp and the ink looks to be think enough to not let the background paint show through. He recommends the Fujimi AH-1S kit but I’m sticking with the Whisky Cobra upgrade version. There is a nice video on YouTube showing the changes made inside and out. Rainy today so I’ll get started.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version