Modelling > SciFi & Fantasy

Doctor Who

(1/2) > >>

Aeroplanedriver:
Some of my earliest memories are of watching early 70s Jon Pertwee Doctor Whos.  It's been a lifelong love, and I have recently been watching some of the originals from the 70s after introducing my girlfriend to the new ones and then easing her into the Tom Baker classics.  So I have noticed the lack of Dr Who modeling.  I built a balsawood Tardis for my stepson when I was married and he was 6 and letting me introduce him to the classics (pre New Who), but as a lifelong modeler that is my one and only Dr Who build. 

Not long ago the GF and I watched one of my favorite late Tom Baker stories; State of Decay.  This was a vampire story from 1980.  In the story The Doctor mentions Time Lord "Bow Ships" that were armed with bolts/arrows to shoot through the hearts of the Time Lord's arch enemies (pre Dalek one assumes) , the Vampires. 

So now I'm wanting to do a Sci-Fi build of a Time Lord Bow Ship....does anyone else have a ship from Dr Who that they have thought about building?  Any ship from the series you have thought about reinterpreting?

finsrin:
Welcome to BTS community.
To follow your posting will say my early video media memory is watching Crusader Rabbit. 

GTX_Admin:
I would build a tardis but I hear scaling the interior is a pain... ;)

elmayerle:

--- Quote from: finsrin on January 22, 2019, 04:03:19 PM ---To follow your posting will say my early video media memory is watching Crusader Rabbit.

--- End quote ---
You, too?  I remember those cartoons from my (long ago) childhood.  I suspect they may be more famous as the first efforts of the team that later brought you Rocky and Bullwinkle.

I'm afraid I'll have to admit to never having watched Dr. Who.  I'm familiar with the basic premise but that's about it.

tankmodeler:
For me, Dr. Who has seldom been about the spaceships and they generally don't do much to show the exteriors. And, even if they do, the ships are seldom seen more than in one show or series which makes it somewhat more difficult to get attached to them or to the idea of the ships in Dr. Who, in general.

Long way of saying, no, I've never been terribly interested in making a Whovian ship.

Notwithstanding, I'd love to see what others do.

Me, I have a standing order from SWMBO to turn a bedroom alcove into a TARDIS-faced craft storage closet, so I've got that to look forward to in 1:1.  :D

Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version