Modelling > Land

Crew Served Weapons

(1/10) > >>

Jeffry Fontaine:
A place to discuss crew served weapons normally seen in use and organic to infantry units for direct and indirect fire support.  Crew served weapons such as the mortar, recoilless rifle, machine gun, and anti-tank guided missile launcher systems and associated equipment. 

I needed a place to post this little gem that I found today while reviewing a rather old book on ammunition. 
What caught my eye in the attached image was:
1.  It is a WOMBAT 120mm RR weapon
2.  Ammunition is correctly displayed with the individual rounds still inside of the container with just the base of the cartridge exposed for access. 
3.  The gunner is peering through an not often seen A/N TVS-5 Crew Served Weapons Night Vision Sight (aka "Starlight Scope"). 

Feel free to add other crew served weapons to the topic for discussion. 

LemonJello:
Is that a spotting rifle mounted above the RR? The one in the background is a little more apparent.

Old Wombat:
Yep, just part hidden by the scope.

GTX_Admin:
fit a couple of these to some vehicles: 

XM307 Advanced Crew Served Weapon (was originally developed under the OCSW or Objective Crew Served Weapon project but cancelled in 2007):

It was 25mm.

Story:

--- Quote from: LemonJello on November 28, 2016, 08:55:34 PM ---Is that a spotting rifle mounted above the RR? The one in the background is a little more apparent.

--- End quote ---

M-8C Spotting Rifle
http://www.warboats.org/mst2bremmer/stoner_ord_notes/stonerhtml/RECOILLESS_RIFLE.htm

If suitably motivated, the spotting rifle cartridges can be made from cut-down .50 cal Browning brass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version