Modelling > Scenarios

No Australian Federation

<< < (2/2)

Rickshaw:

--- Quote from: M.A.D on August 08, 2020, 06:29:07 PM ---
--- Quote ---'Gina Reinhardt is deported to Christmas island for thievery and all her inherited assets are seized.'

- Volkodav
--- End quote ---

Did any of the colonies seriously have ships of that capacity? 😯😞

--- Quote ---'Well, as one of the primary drivers for Federal was defence and in particular, fear of the rise of Japan'

- Rickshaw
--- End quote ---

Wow, I never really knew that Rickshaw. I've always appreciated Australia's paranoia and racist attitude....Could you direct me to more info on this please?

MAD

--- End quote ---

I'd recommend reading the various proceedings from the Australian Army History conferences to find out about this process.  In the real world, it was the Boer War which fostered Federation.  It was appreciated that a lot of smaller colonies would be easier to defeat than one united one, continent wide.   Australia was and is still rather paranoid about defence.  First it was the Chinese, then the Russians, then the Germans and finally the Japanese.   After WWII we had the red fingers from Communist China reaching down to us in the Southern Hemisphere (or so the DLP would have us believe).   There have been whole books written about the subject.  I'd recommend reading Alan Renouf's "The Frightened Country" for background.  He was the ex-head of the Foreign Affairs in the 1960s.

M.A.D:
Thank you Old Wombat and Rickshaw for your replies.

MAD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version