Modelling > Scenarios

Realistic alternative RAN FAA options

<< < (3/8) > >>

GTX_Admin:
A tease for the concept of a RAN Essex:   A Royal Australian Navy Douglas A-4G Skyhawk of 805 Squadron on deck of the U.S. Navy anti-submarine aircraft carrier USS Kearsarge (CVS-33)

GTX_Admin:
Speaking of RAN Essex class, here is part of the Navy Report into it.  I have the full report too if anyone wants it.

M.A.D:
I very much enjoyed your topic and post thanks Volkodav

M.A.D

Volkodav:

--- Quote from: M.A.D on January 02, 2019, 03:37:40 AM ---I very much enjoyed your topic and post thanks Volkodav

M.A.D

--- End quote ---

Your welcome.

An extra fact I was not aware of when I wrote this post, Air Vice Marshal Stanley James Goble, a WWI Australian born RNAS fighter ace, was the RAN representative on the conference that established the AAF (RAAF) and alternated as Chief with Williams throughout the 20s and 30s, recommended that Australia form a separate Fleet Air Arm on multiple occasions (successfully opposed by Williams).

M.A.D:

--- Quote from: Volkodav on January 06, 2019, 10:31:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: M.A.D on January 02, 2019, 03:37:40 AM ---I very much enjoyed your topic and post thanks Volkodav

M.A.D

--- End quote ---

Your welcome.

An extra fact I was not aware of when I wrote this post, Air Vice Marshal Stanley James Goble, a WWI Australian born RNAS fighter ace, was the RAN representative on the conference that established the AAF (RAAF) and alternated as Chief with Williams throughout the 20s and 30s, recommended that Australia form a separate Fleet Air Arm on multiple occasions (successfully opposed by Williams).

--- End quote ---

😯, how interesting!!
It's little snippets of historic information, which comes to one's attention and is shared to all, which makes this forum great!!

M.A.D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version