Modelling > SciFi & Fantasy

Space 1999 Ideas and Inspiration

(1/4) > >>

GTX_Admin:

Given the recent discussions in other threads I thought it was about time we had a dedicated thread for your Space 1999 ideas and inspiration.

GTX_Admin:
Useful source:  http://eagle.space1999.net/

elmayerle:
Good reference site.  I'll wager we could come up with some plausible and interesting alternate modules for the Eagles.

raafif:
as per my proposed model build ...

OR am I really going to do this one ??? >:D ........

following the "Great Accident", resulting in the moon moving out of Earth's orbit & drifting off, Moon-base Alpha was left to its own devices to survive.  Over the next few years they had the usual malfunctions in their equipment & with very few spares at hand, made do with what they had.  Eagle Transporter 3 suffered a major fire in the cockpit area rendering it unrepairable & so damaging it that the crew-pod was no longer able to hold an atmosphere.  Unable to bring themselves to park Eagle-3 for parts just yet, the engineers decided to scavenge the crew-pod from the Falcon Lander that had failed to launch from the 1985 Moon-landing due to a fuel-pump failure.  Even though it still contained the bodies of the two astronauts that were condemned to a slow death & was considered as sacred as a war grave, they appreciated that Alpha's situation justified such a move.
The complete Falcon was retrieved and the astronauts buried in the landing crater - a simple monument was built over them.  The lower Falcon stage was stripped of everything usable & the upper, crew section was fully refurbished with new & 2nd-hand parts.  A jury-rig stystem of controls gave the pilots equally good control as a standard Eagle though her front-end didn't look anything like standard now .....

It may look a bit like a New York subway-car but as they say "form follows function".

Kerick:
I always thought the crew section looked too streamlined for a space craft and not streamlined enough for a craft that might fly in an atmosphere. I like your version much better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version