Modelling > Group and Themed Builds

Preferences for GBs

<< < (4/4)

apophenia:

--- Quote from: GTX_Admin on December 27, 2011, 04:25:06 AM ---
* What other aspects would you like to see our GBs include?
--- End quote ---

One of the joys of pixel-pushing as opposed to polystyrene, is that profilers can sometimes bodge together something quickly (hack jobs in my case, pre-existing 'blanks' for those we try to emulate).

Is it worth considering staggered start-dates for digital vs plastic? That way, instead of dribbling in over weeks, all submission (regards of type) arrive in an exciting photo finish.

GTX_Admin:
That's actually quite a good point.  I would be curious to hear what others think.

aeroplaneDriver:
It's been two months since the last post here, but as a new member I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in. 

I'm a 'manic builder'...meaning I'm not one of those folks who ALWAYS has something ongoing.  I will go weeks, months, or (unfortunately) years without building, but then will get the bug and will build furiously for a month and turn out a model a week for a while.  Point being different builders have different styles of building, so I sometimes like the idea of a quick GB with a short deadline.  Sometimes with a GB I will be excited about the theme, but lose a bit of the impetus when the end date is 3 months away.  Anyway, this 'quick build' method is just my own personal way of enjoying the hobby.

I think 2-3 builds at a time is a good pace.  Three more if they are staggered a great deal, or if one is a shorter build. 

I love the idea of a "Missed Deadline GB" for the end of the year so that anyone who begins a GB project at least gets a second chance at having it in a GB, since sometimes things come up beyond our control, and even with 3 months to work at it a deadline may be missed.  Seems a shame to put work in for a GB and not have a chance to enjoy the competition. 

GTX_Admin:
Great feedback!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version