Modelling > Engineering Dept.

Turret Ring Size Question - Stuart and Saladin

(1/3) > >>

Jeffry Fontaine:
A question to anyone in the know. 

Would it be feasible to place a Saladin turret on an M3/M5 Stuart light tank hull? 

Just going off what I know of the Stuart kits in my custody and the Tamiya Saladin kit that is squirreled away in my storage locker and out of reach at the moment I can not imagine there being too drastic of a difference in size between these two turrets when it comes to fitting a Saladin turret to the Stuart hull. 

If the Stuart turret ring is that much smaller then perhaps the M8 Scott 75mm Howitzer Motor Carriage might be the better choice. 

Frank3k:
Here's half of your question, posted on the.

M3 Stuart   1187 (mm, I assume)

Old Wombat:
M3 Stuart turret ring: 46.75" (118.7cm)

Unfortunately, after hours of searching I haven't been able to find the turret ring dimensions of the Saladin but it doesn't look to be too different.

Frank3k:
Same here - no info on the Saladin. The Saladin is 2.54 m (8 ft 4 in) wide and the M3 is 2.29 m (7 ft 6 in) according to Wikipedia, so the turret diameters should be close.- about 34mm for the M3.

GTX_Admin:
One could possible get a crude measurement using the below drawings with dimensions - not the ring is visible in the top view:

CFBVs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version