Modelling > Engineering Dept.

SEPECAT Jaguar

<< < (3/4) > >>

kitnut617:

--- Quote from: Kelmola on May 16, 2022, 04:27:17 PM ---It seems that they did not want to redesign the entire wing, so to get both a larger wing and LERX they ended up with the idea of tacking on absolutely massive LERX (in relation to the size of the wing) which would hopefully have been a minor modification? They "fit" the Jag's otherwise sleek lines so "well" that the development is almost worthy of a honourable Blackburn title.

--- End quote ---

It was just a demonstrator, to explore fly-by-wire in an unstable aircraft. I suppose they could have pick any aircraft to use though ---

GTX_Admin:
Couldn't help myself sorry:

kengeorge:
I think the Jaguar's character is due to the slab sided design, instead of being all rounded and curvaceous, so I want to try and keep as much of it's 'Jaguarist' look as possible, which can be restricted. Perhaps I could do something as Greg said, and go with new engines and EL/M-2052 AESA radar as an option.
For now my modeling medium is pixel driven, not styrene unfortunately.

Rickshaw:
Jaguar M05 - my version of an updated Jaguar with an Indian 1M nose, the Mitsubishi T2 wing:

kengeorge:
Rickshaw, I like that model. I know I'm in danger of slightly drifting off thread here, but why do nearly all the marineized Jags both drawings and modelsą have single main wheels instead of the twin wheels? Also what would be the advantage of swapping the Jag wing for the T2/F1 wing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version