Author Topic: Pavla Models (pavlamodels.cz)  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
Pavla Models (pavlamodels.cz)
« on: April 03, 2014, 08:21:17 AM »
Many of you are already familiar with the product line produced by Pavlamodels.cz.  Actually surprised that Pavla was not represented in our own forum for new and interesting product announcements.  So we will resolve that right now with this first installment in this new topic for all things Pavla Models :)

A link to this B-47 cockpit update set was found on the main page of Steve Bamford's Aircraft Resource Center site and it is this link I am sharing here today. 

Pavla Models [C72114] 1:72nd scale Boeing B-47E resin cockpit set with vacuformed canopy for the Hasegawa B-47 kit

(Image source: PavlaModels.cz

Certainly looks much more detailed than the kit parts. 
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline Diamondback

• SC
  • Head of the crew dog fan boy club
Re: Pavla Models (pavlamodels.cz)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 11:10:53 AM »
Other than the From Hell aspects of working with resin, where was this when I was building my Hase Stratojet back in the early '90s?

Offline Jeffry Fontaine

• Unaffiliated Independent Subversive...and the last person to go for a trip on a Mexicana dH Comet 4
  • Global Moderator
  • His stash is able to be seen from space...
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 01:26:10 PM »
Pavla Models latest 1:72nd scale resin accessory will certainly be welcomed by our resident B-36aholic FinsRin. 

Click on thumbnail or html to view.

So new it is not even listed on the Pavla page yet but CyberModeler has a couple of images of the 1:72nd scale B-36 Peacemaker 20mm gun turrets (kit number U72-156)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Offline finsrin

• The Dr Frankenstein of the modelling world...when not hiding from SBA
  • Finds part glues it on, finds part glues it on....
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 01:35:56 PM »
Nice :)
Besides B-36 there is a lotta kitbash potential in those on gun boats and land vehicles.

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 08:30:36 PM »
Hmm! I'm thinking a pair of those popping up on a Canadair Argus or Yukon, or even a maritime Vanguard ----

I fairly sure I've seen a set like that before by some other outfit, Click2Detail maybe ---

Offline GTX_Admin

• Evil Administrator bent on taking over the Universe!
  • Administrator - Yep, I'm the one to blame for this place.
  • Whiffing Demi-God!
    • Beyond the Sprues
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 02:32:30 AM »
Very interesting...
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it.

Offline kitnut617

• Measures the actual aircraft before modelling it...we have the photographic evidence.
  • Holding Pattern
  • I'd rather be dirtbike riding...
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 03:31:26 AM »
Actually I don't think the way the parts go together is correct.  The way I understand how the turrets retracted into the fuselage was the platform the ring gear is all part of had hinges on one end and an elevating mechanism on the other. The platform then swung down so the turret tops would end up facing each other once retracted. But that won't happen with those ammo boxes just below the turrets here. 

In the photo below you can see what I mean, the turret ring platform is hinged on the structure sides and knee-braces attached further down the structure side and then to the other end of the turret ring platform.  The knee-braces fold in half during the retraction and the platform just swings down. You certainly wouldn't have those posts sticking up and the ammo bins would have to be further down or in the other end of the turret bay. I also think the ammo bins would have to turn with the turrets otherwise the ammo belts would soon get tangled up --

Unless I'm missing something here ---
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:44:05 AM by kitnut617 »